headlights

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Do you know about Cutoff and scatter ???????????????????

You cant aim or adjust for that on projectors..... my point exactly They use the bottom of the barrel projectors that everyone refuses.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yes I know about cutoff and scatter. These have a good cutoff, and don't really scatter much at all. They light up the road, don't blind anyone and look great. What else do I need?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yes I know about cutoff and scatter. These have a good cutoff, and don't really scatter much at all. They light up the road, don't blind anyone and look great. What else do I need?

From the pictures you posted they have horrible cutoff and scatter. You can't adjust or aim for those in a projector...its all in the lens. You need a quality lens to produce good/great results

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So your saying I can't adjust my light beams up or down? Comparing them to higher up projectors and lights obviously anyone would know the high end shit would be better. But to say that they're basically pieces of shits a little out of wack..

Win

Legend
Reaction score
So your saying I can't adjust my light beams up or down? Comparing them to higher up projectors and lights obviously anyone would know the high end shit would be better. But to say that they're basically pieces of shits a little out of wack..

You can adjust them up and down.... the scatter and cutoff that is is scattered and out of whack you can't adjust for. There all sorts of out of whack dude. You paid 90 bucks total shipped for it. You got janked.... Projectors are a piece. 99.9% of people that realize this go to a proper projector and they literally say

HOLY F'ING SHIT

why didn't i spend the money the first time.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Whatever. I'm happy with them so thats all that matters in my book. Sure those projectors are gonna be really bright, thats great. I'm good with mine, and don't have the time to retrofit a set. So until I have time to even attempt it, mine are staying. I'm not hacking mine apart after I just bought them.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Whatever. I'm happy with them so thats all that matters in my book. Sure those projectors are gonna be really bright, thats great. I'm good with mine, and don't have the time to retrofit a set. So until I have time to even attempt it, mine are staying. I'm not hacking mine apart after I just bought them.

Just saying the truth man. I am not trying to be mean. you know that.... You do have time. In my eyes i will always make time for Safety. I guess in my line of work Safety is more then a top priority.

I bought mine and the second i opened the box i stuck them in the oven :)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Check out these minty oem never restored 98 cobra lights :) .time to bake and retrofit ;)

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Just saying the truth man. I am not trying to be mean. you know that.... You do have time. In my eyes i will always make time for Safety. I guess in my line of work Safety is more then a top priority.

I bought mine and the second i opened the box i stuck them in the oven :)

I hear ya dude. The whole reason i got projectors was so I can actually see at night. These lights don't blind oncoming traffic at all, so I too have safety in mind believe me I'm with ya on that. Maybe I'll retrofit my spare set since they're just gonna collect dust

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
While led they look amazing there practically useless...a black housing trying to reflect a normal halogen bulb will produce very little light. With hid you might get a little more but not much. You still shouldn't put hid in a halogen housing anyway because of the scatter.

Need to retrofit. Those to get the best light output.

For the record I have those same Black cobra headlights off AM and although my car has never left the driveway I did compare the light output with my dads stock 2007 GT headlights while I was aiming mine and they're pretty much equal.....
I picked up a set of HIDs knowing of the possibility of scatter, once I figure out my wiring issue with my headlights (something happened that's causing them to freak the **** out... Left turn signal indicator stays on, headlights are dim as hell..) I will see how bad the scatter REALLY is and decide to retrofit from there. But it probably isn't as bad as people actually say it is.
Headlights:
VTmBZWh.jpg

Wiring causing all hell:
2ImNdRM.jpg

Maybe if it will stop snowing I can actually get it fixed and make some progress. Lol

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

Win

Legend
Reaction score
For the record I have those same Black cobra headlights off AM and although my car has never left the driveway I did compare the light output with my dads stock 2007 GT headlights while I was aiming mine and they're pretty much equal.....
I picked up a set of HIDs knowing of the possibility of scatter, once I figure out my wiring issue with my headlights (something happened that's causing them to freak the **** out... Left turn signal indicator stays on, headlights are dim as hell..) I will see how bad the scatter REALLY is and decide to retrofit from there. But it probably isn't as bad as people actually say it is.
Headlights:

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

it actually is as bad as people say it is. I too used to think I was the cool kid on the block back in 2008 when they first started releasing them.

It does throw light out there but it's so scattered around it's not as usable. A proper Halogen bulb in a Halogen housing will far exceed a HID in a halogen housing.

thats why it's called a Halogen housing.

do yourself a favor and get a halogen bulb and run them

get a phillips extreme +80 and you'll be done

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
From the pictures you posted they have horrible cutoff and scatter. You need a quality lens to produce good/great results

Cutoff and scatter.... ain't nobody got time for that.

I hope you never encounter me and my buddy on the road because you'll have a bad time lol

6683f9a25d6e11e3854d1270fc5719d7_8.jpg
d3ebc6e6616011e3a03912a975e2bfd0_8.jpg
e3789a4af0da11e292d622000ae909ac_7.jpg
a6f919b60f9111e3813a22000a1f8f34_7.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online