headlights

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4point6GT, Apr 22, 2007.

1. 4point6GT

4point6GT Active Member

ok so when I wash my car my right headlight, not the corner the actual right headlight fogs up a lil, could I have jus maybe installed it a lil loose or just not correctly, im guessin a lil water gets in n fogs it up huh ???? well :help2: the left one is perfec.

2. Twista

Twista Legend

the seal is bad. You need to get some silcone (i think) and re do them. You have to sit the lights in the oven to weaken the old silcone than pry the light apart. Put some more and let it sit.

i have no idea. post it in the garage for better replies.

3. 4point6GT

4point6GT Active Member

i dunno if i wanna cook my headlight, thanks for the idea tho. u sure bout this?, they are brand new.

4. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

there is a write up on americanmuscle.com about how to cook the lights..

5. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

heating up the lights isn't that hard to do. I did it with my old Lexus to black out the housings. You COULD just reseal the outsides with some silicone but you could be still sealing water in them. Best thing to do is heat them up in the oven at 270 degree for about 5 minutes. WEARING OVEN MITTS, pull them out and pry the lens off with a screw driver....BE CAREFUL NOT TO CRACK THEM! The glue is still pretty damn sticky but workable. Dry out the housings completely. Reassemble and seal back up with some clear silicone.

Option 2 is drill 2 small pin holes (one in the top to vent water vapor and one in the bottom to drain actual water that may get in there). When you're done washing the car, turn the lights on as you dry. The heat will help dry them out....

Option 3...buy new lights!