Helmet!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a helmet for when I go drag racing. Tracks here require a helmet whether you run a 10 second pass or 18 seconds. I'd feel more comfortable wearing a helmet anyways. So I was browsing saferacer.com and found this helmet. This would pass inspection no? Not looking to spend a ton as I won't be racing too often, but obviously I won't skimp out and buy shit
http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-pro-eliminator-sa2010-helmet?

Sinned83

Reaction score
I've had great luck with hjc on my dirtbikes and quads. They make a good product at a good price

joekd

Reaction score
If only using for drag racing get an open face, I have both open and full, the open is always more comfortable to wear even if it is for less then a minute

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
love that band!

[video=youtube;hgGyX7WPxuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgGyX7WPxuQ[/video]

Oh wait...

joekd

Reaction score
Just to add the open face I own is from G-force racing, good price and just as comfortable to wear as the Bell or Simpson ones I have also used

Also if you are going to look now the SA 2015's are starting to be in stock, may be worth paying a few bucks more for one rather then use the 2010

Addermk2

Reaction score
I agree with Joekd, look for an SA2015. It'll be "good" for longer.

I also run an open face helmet. IIRC, mine is due for replacement in 2017.

Doodler

Reaction score
Has anybody been having issues with "M" helmets at the track? I've heard people around here having them not allowed because it's not fire resistant and not as protective against rollbar impact. Personally, I have and would only buy an "SA" helmet. IMHO, it's not worth permanently scrambling your brain for a few dollars less in the long run.

joekd

Reaction score
Every track I have been to requires Snell certified helmets

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online