Help 01 GT won't start

AJCrader

Reaction score
I am getting a P1000 code on my car, it will crank but won't start...

It ran fine, battery died and sat for a couple of months, new battery and won't start, last time this happened, fired right up after new battery

Any ideas? Everything I can find says no fuel getting to the rails...any pointers would greatly help me out!

Car is tuned, should I put it to stock and see if it starts? I haven't had any time to trouble shoot with it, but it cranks just fine, but nothing to say it is wanting to start.

Thanks in advance!

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
P1000 is ecm test sequence. Driving mode cycle. Shouldn't be and issue Will it start while you press the gas pedal?

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
P1000 is ecm test sequence. Driving mode cycle. Shouldn't be and issue Will it start while you press the gas pedal?

Won't start with depressing the pedal, just cranks!

Do you hear the fuel pump running? have you ck's pressure?

I never heard it before, will have my kids help when I get them back on Saturday...also, never had to check fuel pressure before...I know how to see if it is getting fuel, will check that Saturday as well

Thanks for the help so far, once I can get to it Saturday I will hopefully have a success or more info to help troubleshoot!

07GtS197

Reaction score
Also make sure the theft light isnt flashing. My 02 gt has a faulty pats transponder antenna, or something like that lol, and will crank but not start sometimes.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Won't start with depressing the pedal, just cranks!

I never heard it before, will have my kids help when I get them back on Saturday...also, never had to check fuel pressure before...I know how to see if it is getting fuel, will check that Saturday as well

Thanks for the help so far, once I can get to it Saturday I will hopefully have a success or more info to help troubleshoot!

Chances are if you can hear the fp, you have pressure but not a guarentee. It's best to rent a pressure tester to be sure exactly what the pressure is. There's a fitting on the fuel rail that the gauge connects to.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Try cleaning the IAC valve. Also when's the last time it had new plugs and wires and coils

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
Also make sure the theft light isnt flashing. My 02 gt has a faulty pats transponder antenna, or something like that lol, and will crank but not start sometimes.

I did have other chipped keys in my pocket, I guess that could have aided in the issue. Does it just not start intermittently or what?

Chances are if you can hear the fp, you have pressure but not a guarentee. It's best to rent a pressure tester to be sure exactly what the pressure is. There's a fitting on the fuel rail that the gauge connects to.

Will do! Any diagrams or pics of the location of said plug?

Also ck the inertia sw reset button in the trunk.

I can always try...Any diagrams or pics of the location of said button?

for the plug and button I will search when I have time do dig through things, work is a bit busy

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Might be fuel filter if you've never replaced it check into that first it's cheap and very easy to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I did have other chipped keys in my pocket, I guess that could have aided in the issue. Does it just not start intermittently or what?

Will do! Any diagrams or pics of the location of said plug?

I can always try...Any diagrams or pics of the location of said button?

for the plug and button I will search when I have time do dig through things, work is a bit busy
Should be in the drivers side panel in trunk on the rear of it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
If it is pats trying multiple keys wont do anything since its a pats issue not a key issue. My pats will intermittenly not let my stang start but check for any codes and see if the theft light is blinking fast.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
Looks like fuel pump died...no pressure and the reset button didn't do anything...guess I get the joy of dropping the tank!

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
For sure! Just not too happy about having to race my new flex to get points for the series I run with, race one here we come in a 14 sec grocery getter that I've had for a week!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online