HELP! Bought a parts car with no engine and can't open trunk!

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
How could they engineer this seat without an emergency release manual override? Idiots. I might cut it out today. Pretty much impossible for me to get the bolts out. The harness isn't accessible where it's at to get 12V to a connector anyways.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
How could they engineer this seat without an emergency release manual override? Idiots. I might cut it out today. Pretty much impossible for me to get the bolts out. The harness isn't accessible where it's at to get 12V to a connector anyways.
its not an ejection seat, it really isn't important to them if it can't be removed 20 yrs after it was made.

I did some searching in my manuals and it looks like the seats are powered by a light blue wire with a white stripe that originates at the fuse box that also powers the cig lighter. There are two choices here you can take a piece of wire and crimp a space connector on the end and then poke it into the cig lighter fuse box location. If it does not work the first time then try putting in the other side of the fuse. The other option is to find that wire and send it power and if the seat works it should move

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
light blue and white huh? Funny, I heard black with white stripe. WTH. can I just park my tractor next to the car and use jumper cables to ground and run a jumper off the POSITIVE to the tapped wire to juice it?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was looking in the 94-95 manual I have and I realize now I am not sure what year this is for so the wire color might be wrong but the fuse location is probably the same and how I would jump it myself. Jumper cables would be a bit of overkill and might be hard to work with to get power to a single small wire. All you need is a 12v battery it can come from your tractor, another car, or as they said above from a small 12v battery.

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
it's a 97. If that fuse is in the engine compartment fuse box, that will be simple to just make a jumper from a 12V batt to the fuse spot. I'll try it later today!

Last edited:

07GtS197

Reaction score
If the battery terminals are there and there’s room around the car why not put some jumper cables on it, then pop the trunk with the glovebox button.

Edit: I’m half asleep, Scott beat me to it lol. Do what Scott said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it's a 97. If that fuse is in the engine compartment fuse box, that will be simple to just make a jumper from a 12V batt to the fuse spot. I'll try it later today!
exactly and it will also make it easier for you to try different circuits. With everything out of the car the only real fear is if there are wires shorted. If you have a couple female spades you can make a DIY fuse holder and stick a 15 amp in there to be safe.

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
If the battery terminals are there and there’s room around the car why not put some jumper cables on it, then pop the trunk with the glovebox button.

Edit: I’m half asleep, Scott beat me to it lol. Do what Scott said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're not

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online