HELP! Oil pressure sending unit & IAC install...

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
I was hoping that was the case with the wire connector and seeing as there’s not enough slack in the wire to rotate it a bunch of times, I felt pretty certain the old wiggle and pull would get it to come loose. Wanted to make sure though so I didn’t find out the hard way!

There are 2 hoses
. One is the lower radiator hose with that thick “pincher” style clamp. The other is right next to it, inboard. Believe it runs up behind a pulley in front of the engine and continues across the top front over towards the intake/throttle body vacinity.

Oh, and there’s also a wire connection that’s a SOB to disconnect. I’ve tinkered with it and get the feeling that after 25 years of being hooked together, it’ll break the snap before releasing it.
Are we not talking about the iac anymore? That is what I meant move things around for. Did you end up getting that one taken care of?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

dcm0123

Reaction score
Search "Ford oil sender socket" on Ebay. There are a number of "pre-owned" ones which show the geometry of the socket hole. Match it up to your switch.
Had the same problem many years ago on my Ford and had to buy a special one to match the switch.

Look at Snap-on A119A on Ebay. This is similar to the version I bought to fit the 12 point switch I had.

Here is another which is labeled A119C-

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Oil...1/16"-Oil-Pressure-Sender-Switch-Socket/A119C

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are we not talking about the iac anymore? That is what I meant move things around for. Did you end up getting that one taken care of?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
We’re actually talking about both! I’m just all over the place, bouncing between the two issues within the same thread. Sorry!
But no, I haven’t gotten that lower bolt off the IAC yet .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online