HELP! Oxidation

ripper

Reaction score
Ive got some bad oxidation on my bassboat. Was just wondering if there was a way to get rid of it. I will get some pics up when my friggin daughter brings my camera back :rant: Its fiberglass

Thanx

Juztang

Reaction score
I like to use Optimum Poli-Seal on boats and rv's. It is a polish,paint cleaner, and sealant all in one. I always apply it with a Porter Cable or a Cyclo polisher.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Meguiars makes a 3-step line of products that they make just for boat gelcoats. I bought a used boat a few years ago and it worked ok, it was just too far gone. If that doesn't work, clean it up as much as you can and then hit it with some clearcoat, it will shine like brand new. I did that just before a fishing tournament in New Hampshire once and my 1988 bass boat looked suprisingly good out there sitting next to the newer tritons and ranger boats.

OP
OP
R

ripper

Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
Meguiars makes a 3-step line of products that they make just for boat gelcoats. I bought a used boat a few years ago and it worked ok, it was just too far gone. If that doesn't work, clean it up as much as you can and then hit it with some clearcoat, it will shine like brand new. I did that just before a fishing tournament in New Hampshire once and my 1988 bass boat looked suprisingly good out there sitting next to the newer tritons and ranger boats.

Mines a 1988 Ranger 364. So you still fish trnys? I won this boat in 88 in a pro am on the potomac river. I was fishin with Rowland Martin ( he lived in Md at the time ). Rowland weighed in 6.78 Stevo 19.98 LOL. (from the back of his boat)

Its mostly the trailer. Maybe I will have a new clear coat put on it. The boat is mint.

[attachment deleted by admin]

9psi 98

Reaction score
Mine was a 1988 Winner 18'. It was a fiberglass bass boat/ski boat hybrid. I fished a few tournaments, mainly in Lake Anna, VA and a few in NH when I lived up there. Funny you mention the potomac, my firehouse is only a few blocks away from it. We've actually been to the waterfront twice today for heat exposure patients.

OP
OP
R

ripper

Reaction score
Well I won that trny just inside Aquia creek if you know were that is. We launched out of Smallwood State Park in Md. Weres your firehouse? Ive never fished Lk Anna but i here its good. When NH had there team trny we fished in the Ct. river. :eek: You need a jet boat there that sucker is shallow. We were at Kerr Reservior this yr. I didnt go but my team did. They said it sucked lol. Water was low.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Well I won that trny just inside Aquia creek if you know were that is. We launched out of Smallwood State Park in Md. Weres your firehouse? Ive never fished Lk Anna but i here its good. When NH had there team trny we fished in the Ct. river. :eek: You need a jet boat there that sucker is shallow. We were at Kerr Reservior this yr. I didnt go but my team did. They said it sucked lol. Water was low.

My firehouse is on the corner of 6th street and E street in Southwest Washington D.C.. Yes, the CT river is shallow. I was in a few tournaments in the Moore Reservoir. It's a dammed up section of the CT. River in northen NH, up by Littleton. I made the mistake of going too far into the inlet once and smacked the lowermost tip of my outdrive on a submerged rock while on plane. I wondered why everyone was looking at me weird when I was going up that way at headway speed....lesson learned. NH has some awesome lakes, some are really tricky though. There are a few near lake winnepesaukee like little squam lake, you have to have a special license just to operate on it with a powerboat due to all of the submerged rocks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online