HELP! Speed CAL

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Okay so I installed it as the instructions say to a T! But when I am driving all it does is move the speedometer to just above 10 MPH at whatever speed! I have it set for 4.44 gears because my speedometer was roughly 5 off before the gear swap!
The large DIP switch settings are: 1101000000
The small DIP switch settings are: 1000000

Any help is appricated!

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
yeah i bet they are closed already! Ill try giving them a call. This just pisses me really off!

brwillms

Reaction score
Another thought. I just read the directions. In the instructions it says the device is wired in an "always on" state. It also says to unplug the negative battery terminal for 30 seconds in the event of a vehicle speedometer malfunction. This is the only way to cycle the unit.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Yeah I have done that twice! I know its getting power because a red little light goes on when I am moving in side of the speed cal box ( I have the cover off because its not working) I cant figure this out worth nothing. Even when i set it to 2.73s it reads the same and when I set if for 6.33s it reads the same! Hopefully somebody will beable to help me!

brwillms

Reaction score
Maybe you got a crap unit. Did you look at the link I sent. There is a calculator that takes into account more than the sheet on the direction. You can facto in tire size etc...here's a pic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
thanks man! I am going to register there and see if I can get willie to answer me!

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmm, well they used to have a help forum, I guess it's gone now. Their customer service by phone is very good too, although you might wanna se aside an hour or so to wait on hold. And rememer, they are on central standard time.

Dusstbuster

Reaction score
Did you mess with the small dip switch at all? I don't think you are even supposed to mess with that IIRC. Otherwise if it's saying 6.33s are the same as 2.73's I'd venture to guess you either did something slightly wrong or a connection isn't being made that should be on the VSS or your unit is bad...hehe...unit...

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
There is only one set of dip switches you are supposed to mess with. Also, are you 100% sure you didn't hook something up wrong under the car? Check and doublecheck all your work. My speedcal install was 15 minutes and everything was working fine.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had to clean my VSS out with brake cleaner now that I think of it. Mine wasn't moving at all though.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Yeah I am going to take it all apart again for the 3rd time to make sure I didnt do anything wrong! I got to wait until my exhaust cools off before i can get in there! I dont want to burn my hands!