Help with my new car

dlaul01

Reaction score
Ok so i recently purchased a 95 convertable mustang it has the cobra intake on it and a 70mm maf also he said bigger injectors not knowing which ones? here is the problem if i leave the car sit it will start right up and go but if i start it up drive it then try starting it again,... i start it and it stalls i have to give it gas for liek a minute for it to idle its throwing no check engine like i sprayed the iac plug in nothing worked. I guess my next step is to the the iac off and clean it ... the car runs good but everytime i shut it off running it, it does that everytime? anybody any suggestions i also cleaned the maf... thanks - Dan -

wytstang

Reaction score
Check your spark plugs I would assume the bigger injectors are causing it to run rich and are causing the hard starts. Does it smell the gas when this happens??

mustangpro101

Reaction score
If you would like to know the injector size just let us know what color the tops of the injectors are, thats how Ford codes them so you can tell them apart (Odds are they are Ford Racing Injectors). Also from my own personal experience with 94/95 computers lets just say they are "hard headed" when it comes to mods. It took alot of messing with iac and tps voltage to get everything iddling decently smooth after I put the 331 in. if your tps and iac are adjusted properly try resetting your KAM (Keep Alive Memory) by pulling your negative battery terminal for 20-30 min and see if the car does it again after you hook everything back up. Also what brand MAF do you have for your Stang? Is it matched for the injectors? Does the car have any other symptoms or sort comings that you have noticed? Let us know and I am sure we can help you sort it out.

OP
OP
D

dlaul01

Reaction score
Ok well here is what i know, it has the cobra intake on it 70mm maf "dont know what kind" and also it has the cobra injectors, i beleive it has the obd2 ecu as well. I did not change the spark plugs and im gonna try the battery thing. Were going to try replacing the iac tonight and ill let you know about that too. Ill update tonight... also my throw out bearing is squeling when i tap the clutch it goes away so im gonna try adjusting the clutch hopefully that works caz the clutch is not slipping at all eaither we will see... i think everything is programmed right because when it runs it runs good? its just whent eh car is warm it stalls i leave it sit their all night it fires right up but after it running and you start it up it just stalls unless i give it gas for a minute then its fine and runs good its weird?

mustangpro101

Reaction score
OBD II computer in a 95? I highly doubt someone would go through the trouble of rewiring an entire car and them some to get it to work. The EEC IV computer is what came in our 94-95 Stangs, this computer had a 60 pin plug and runs on 15 MHZ. The new version in most 96 and up Stangs has a 104 pin plug and runs on 18 MHZ. The EEC V is designed to run with more sensors and it has more memory to deal with all the extra electronic crap that comes on our cars these days. So basically I am going to assume your car is still has the EEC IV computer in it (Sorry to bore you with my rambling lol). If your car has the stock EEC IV computer it would really explain why its acting up with a few mods, those 94-95 computer tend to be finiky and such with mods. I wouldn't waste my money on a new IAC until you have attempted to clean and adjust it. If you were closer I'd say bring her down to my shop and I'd go through it and see what I could do. But If you would like someone soild one on one help over the phone I have heard awesome things about the Ford Racing Tech line, those guys will walk you through what ever you need right on the phone. The number over there is (586) 468-1356. Good luck man, if they can't help you out quickly we will keep trying. :)

OP
OP
D

dlaul01

Reaction score
NO the tool at advanced auto just didnt know what he was talking about i went under their today it is not obd2 the dumb f**** im just as dumb for not looking my self but... in other forums their saying my o2 sensors might be bad?

Tattoogod

Reaction score
THESE STEPS MUST BE DONE IN SEQUENCE!!

1.Get ebgine to operating temp

2. Disconnect IAC sensor plug,if you motor stalls,turn the throttle-stop screw in one full turn and restart,repeat as necessary until engine will idle with IAC unplugged.

3. set idle using throttle stop.Idle speed will vary depending on the mods made to your engine.set it where you are comfy with idle speed.'

4.Set tps anywhere from .96to.98 volts.this done by loosening the mounting screws,and lightly rotating TPS.if you cant obtain the desired range ,you may need to make the mounting holes bigger by drilling them out.

5.TPS wire colors to probe are generally BLACK and GREEN or GRAY/RED and GRAY/WHITE depending on the car

5.Stop engine.disconnect neg battery terminal for 15-20 minutes.you may wish to tap brakes or flash headlight a few times to ensure you have purged any remaining power in the system.this will reset the computer to factory settings.

6.reconnect IAC plug

7. Reconnect battery cable to neg terminal

8.restart engine.

9.if problem persists,inspect for mass air meter prob's and possible vacuum leaks.

this info i from ford racing.i kinda changed a few words.but this is right off there fax i got for idle setting procedure.

hope this was helpful..

Tim

OP
OP
D

dlaul01

Reaction score
Thanks man big help ;) the tps i dont know how to do thats bout the only thing. But some people are saying it might be the o2 sensors? what it its one of them will i detect that too?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Tattoogod said:
THESE STEPS MUST BE DONE IN SEQUENCE!!

1.Get ebgine to operating temp

2. Disconnect IAC sensor plug,if you motor stalls,turn the throttle-stop screw in one full turn and restart,repeat as necessary until engine will idle with IAC unplugged.

3. set idle using throttle stop.Idle speed will vary depending on the mods made to your engine.set it where you are comfy with idle speed.'

4.Set tps anywhere from .96to.98 volts.this done by loosening the mounting screws,and lightly rotating TPS.if you cant obtain the desired range ,you may need to make the mounting holes bigger by drilling them out.

5.TPS wire colors to probe are generally BLACK and GREEN or GRAY/RED and GRAY/WHITE depending on the car

5.Stop engine.disconnect neg battery terminal for 15-20 minutes.you may wish to tap brakes or flash headlight a few times to ensure you have purged any remaining power in the system.this will reset the computer to factory settings.

6.reconnect IAC plug

7. Reconnect battery cable to neg terminal

8.restart engine.

9.if problem persists,inspect for mass air meter prob's and possible vacuum leaks.

this info i from ford racing.i kinda changed a few words.but this is right off there fax i got for idle setting procedure.

hope this was helpful..

Tim

well writen steps to take :)

rgs

Reaction score
anyone got a pic of that idle adjust screw??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online