Help with Turtle Wax Black Box

mustangsean

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this kit?

After 4 hrs cleaning, doing the first stage, wiping off, and waxing polishing it out (by hand) it looked great.

2 weeks later, its dirty so I wash it. Bad idea, now it looks more faded and spotty than before I waxed it. Kind of like the wax ran too, tiger striped down the sides. (picture below kinda shows it on the bumper) Any one else have this happen to them?

How do I fix it? remove the wax and just have it buffed? or spend another 2 hrs and see if waxing again with maybe a cheap buffer helps? Id hate to do it all over again, just to have this happen again next time I wash it.

DSC_0005.jpg

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ooo. geeze. pics of the sides?

did you have paint oxidation before you started?

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ill wait to give advice until MC's question is answered cuz that's an important aspect

BLOWN 95GT

Reaction score
Keep it in the garage, don't drive it in the rain, knock the dust off with a microfiber detail duster you can get at any part store, and just go around it with the detail spray again.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^

ive heard negative things about the dusters (from obsessive detail here on our forum, so someone i consider an "expert")

if he had paint oxidation the quick-detailer wont solve the problem.

Black Ice

Reaction score
I bought the quick detail spray and it sucks. It comes out black so therefore you are just wiping on a coat of black film and when it got wet it would just wash off and make those marks you are talking about Kinda like covering up an ugly face with makeup.

BLOWN 95GT

Reaction score
He said it looked spotty and faded after washing, just giving him some advice for before he washes it next time. And to the op what kind of soap are you using to wash the car?

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Turtle Wax Black box is loaded with black fillers, it will look good when you first do it, after it has rained, it will start to look bad again. I had a customer apply this stuff on a black car and he hated it, he said the stuff made a mess.

I would wash the car again, use a good polish/swirl remover and then top with a good wax. The polish swirl remover is going to clean your paint, take out scratches/swirls, oxidation, and prep your paint for the wax stage.

You can get decent results by hand, but I highly recommend using a DA polisher. You can take your paint to a whole new level with a DA polisher without having to worry about damaging your paint.

OP
OP
mustangsean

mustangsean

Reaction score
What do you mean oxidation? It was faded, but no clear coat peeling or anything. I'll try and get pics of the sides tomorrow, its hard to get it to show up on camera. I tried spray detailer and microfiber again, did nothing.

BLOWN 95GT

Reaction score
You may have tried the detail spray again but if you wash your car with a soap that has a detergent in it your stripping the wax off the car so detail spray is not going to help you

Black Ice

Reaction score
What do you mean oxidation? It was faded, but no clear coat peeling or anything. I'll try and get pics of the sides tomorrow, its hard to get it to show up on camera. I tried spray detailer and microfiber again, did nothing.

The spray detailer also just smears and is hard to wipe off

Sinned83

Reaction score
Spray detailers shouldn't be hard at all to remove. Strip the wax off bro. Wash it with dawn or add a little APC to your car wash and see if that helps. Turtle wax products are most likely cleaner waxes which suck anyways because you cannot layer products.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
The spray detailer also just smears and is hard to wipe off

It only smears if you use the same wet towel to rub it in and try to remove it.

You have to use a 2nd towel to remove the smears with the TW black black detail spray. Also, i feel the spray is useless without using the entire black filler kit. Stick to your typical wax and you should be fine.

Black Ice =[ i still love your old car man! Looks wicked. We need a update on your new edge.

OP
OP
mustangsean

mustangsean

Reaction score
I went ahead and spent the few hours to just wax it all again. For now ill just keep in inside when I can, and dust it off hoping to avoid the rain. It does look good for now...

DSC_0009a.jpg

DSC_0011a.jpg

BLOWN 95GT

Reaction score
Car looks good, if I were you I would ask Santa for some drop springs and make it really look good. And love the wingless look!