hey auto guys?

COBRAGUY

Reaction score
opinions .................... they are great ! I have driven a well built Automatic and they are great for racing but I would take a 5 or 6 speed anyday for the street ! :fastjob:

Adam

Reaction score
Do the J-mod and a tranny cooler. As for what you want, I would take an auto over a stick anyday. Nothing better than beating a stick car, which I have been known to do a time or two. With a loose converter an auto is real fun on the street. My buddy from Chicago who has a Al Pappito built 4.6 2V that lays down 320rwhp/330rwtq thought riding in my car was a blast because you can unlock the converter and "bark" at other cars without having to mess with a clutch.

Adam

sanitarium16

Reaction score
Get the TRANSGO shift kit. Have mine installed as well as a programmer (diablosport) and the car is totally different. The shifts a firm and kick you back and now more sloppy shifts. The best mod you can do to an auto off the bat. Get the Transgo it is better than b&m.

STNG_96

Reaction score
How much do you have invested in your transgo after parts and labor?

Adam

Reaction score
sanitarium16 said:
Get the TRANSGO shift kit. Have mine installed as well as a programmer (diablosport) and the car is totally different. The shifts a firm and kick you back and now more sloppy shifts. The best mod you can do to an auto off the bat. Get the Transgo it is better than b&m.

DO NOT DO THIS!!!! THESE KITS WILL RUIN YOUR TRANNY. These kits don't go about increasing the shift firmness in the correct way. Without writing a book about it, you'll just have to take my word. :)

Adam

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Adam said:
sanitarium16 said:

DO NOT DO THIS!!!! THESE KITS WILL RUIN YOUR TRANNY. These kits don't go about increasing the shift firmness in the correct way. Without writing a book about it, you'll just have to take my word. :)

Adam

I second that, I have heard waaayyy too many horror stories about them. Only buy it if you plan on getting a new tranny in a few months, becasue you will have no OD band in no-time.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Adam said:
sanitarium16 said:

Adam

Exactly - like I said in my post. line pressure, pressure spikes, heat = bad.

Adam - I'd like to hear your spin on building an auto, you should write a thread on it.

Adam

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Adam said:
sanitarium16 said:

Adam

Exactly - like I said in my post. line pressure, pressure spikes, heat = bad.

Adam - I'd like to hear your spin on building an auto, you should write a thread on it.

Actually I am going to Texas in June to a friends and we(well he is going to show me how to build it so I can do another one when I get home) are going to build a custom bulletproof (hopefully:)) 4R70W. I will have pics and probably some video also if you can wait until then. As for line pressures being high, thats not a bad thing at certain tp(throttle positions) but in low tp, low load low rpm situations its bad. I have spent a lot of time tuning my trans with datalogging and WOT runs. The engine is easy to tune, the tranny is a whole different thing.

Adam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online