Hey you cobra guys...

Fomoco01

Reaction score
Just finished my design and first batch of 99-04 IRS Aluminum subframe bushings. Pretty tight fit, have to freeze them before they will slide into the IRS cradle which is exactly what I wanted. Turned out pretty sweet. Next step is to get them anodized and slap a logo on them. So, who's interested?

hondarocks61

Reaction score
They look awesome and I'm sure they work great, but I'm curious why you went with aluminum over delrin?

Just wondering thats all!

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Fomoco01

Reaction score
Ha! If money grew on trees I might be able to hand out some sets of these, but that's not really the case! I made them out of aluminum to try and keep a tight tolerance on them which actually turned out really well. Other than that they should be about the same as delrin bushings, but damn do they look good! I'll post pics after they are anodized

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if the fit is tight enough you need to freeze them to fit are you afraid anodizing them will effect the fit?

OP
OP
F

Fomoco01

Reaction score
Na, they will fit. May have to heat up the sleeve on the cross member a bit, but it shouldn't take much

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Are these the bushings for the cradle to the chassis points? What price range are you shooting for to sell these at?

hondarocks61

Reaction score
if the fit is tight enough you need to freeze them to fit are you afraid anodizing them will effect the fit?
I dont believe anno adds many mils to the surface at all.

The dye sinks into the rough pitted surface made by the acid if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Fomoco01

Reaction score
The anodize will be fine. It adds maybe half a thousandth to the diameter. I work with CNC'd aluminum parts all day long and rarely have a clearance issue with anodize. Plus fords cradle sleeves are not exactly what I'd call precision bores. Freeze the bushing, heat up the cradle and give it a light tap with a mallet and you will be fine. I honed out my sleeves to get all of the junk out and they fit fine.

As for a price point, I'll probably hit about the $150 mark for a set. Same price as the FTBR bushings I believe. And yep, they are for the chassis mounts. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

OP
OP
F

Fomoco01

Reaction score
Also, just for the record, if for some reason anyone ordered a set and had fitiment issues, i'd take care of it. Not all of these cradles are the same and I'm sure there are some that are undersized.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online