Highbeams fog light issue

CampTheChamp

Reaction score
After installing my led headlights in my 95' GT, my highbeams don't work, but my fog light switch now turns my highbeams on and off. Anyone heard about anything like this before

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I missed the led part. LEDs if i am not mistaken do not have a high/low beam as they are really designed to go inside of projectors that have a small shield that moves when you turn the high beams on. If you have not modified your fog light switch to turn on with the parking lights, this would make sense. So you either need to do a projector retrofit, or get some halogen lights.

Darkhorse95

Reaction score
I don’t have fogs on mine, but I do have LEDs in stock style headlight housings. The bulbs I ordered I got from Amazon and I’ve never had any issues switching from low beam to high beam. The bulbs were complete plug and play

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don’t have fogs on mine, but I do have LEDs in stock style headlight housings. The bulbs I ordered I got from Amazon and I’ve never had any issues switching from low beam to high beam. The bulbs were complete plug and play
they make them a few different ways now with the newer CAN style operation, older style and projectors. CAN style bulbs have an extra wire on them so that when they burn out they can tell the ecu, and it will give you a warning but they will not work in our cars. Pull the bulbs out and see how many contacts there are on it. IF there are only 2 wires/contacts on the bulb its only made to be high, or low but can't do both.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I don’t see how that’s possible. When you turn the high beams on do the fog lights turn off?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don’t see how that’s possible. When you turn the high beams on do the fog lights turn off?
from the factory the fog/driving lights only worked when the low beam, or flash to pass was on. If you just flipped the high beams on, the fogs turned off.

Any chance you have a link to the lights you got or a brand/model number?

Darkhorse95

Reaction score
from the factory the fog/driving lights only worked when the low beam, or flash to pass was on. If you just flipped the high beams on, the fogs turned off.

Any chance you have a link to the lights you got or a brand/model number?
Like I said mine doesn’t have fog lights. It has the harness, but I think mine is a GTS, the only thing different I’ve found from what Ford said they were is that mine has power windows

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok those lights should work high/low. Lets get stupid and start simple and check your fuses. Don't bother with the manual just get down on your back and pull/inspect them all and it takes less time. Don't forget the box by the battery as well. Once you have checked all those we can get into wiring possibilities but if you don't start stupid you end feeling stupid...

92wastheyear

Reaction score
I missed the led part. LEDs if i am not mistaken do not have a high/low beam.....
The LED bulbs I got for my '96 (Auxito 9007 hi/lo, ordered from Amazon) DO include High/Low functionality. I would assume that a 95 and a 96 would probably use the same bulbs. One thing I did notice was that the plug on the bulb was oriented differently than the stock halogen bulb, thus I kept trying to put it in the wrong way. It finally fit correctly when it was turned 90 degrees toward the driver side of the car

The type of LED bulb I ordered was an all-in-one style (without any external box or enormous heat sink, or fan)

I had no issues with the fogs and hi/lo functionality works perfectly

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwiz760

Members online