honda civic?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
k.. i know a few of you guys are going to question why my dad is doing this but i dont think there is a thing wrong with it..

my sister just got herself a new buick rendezvous and gave my parents her old 98ish 99ish civic.. my dad is just planning on getting the car running like it used to when it was brand new and afterwards, he is plannin on making it look better than it is.. it needs some body work from it being backed into and some other random stuff.. so tell me what you guys think of this chop.

P1010520.jpg

Honda1.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Looks like classic :rice: to me. Seriously I dont mean that in a negative way, thats just what it looks like to me :dunno:. There is nothing wrong with it,........I bet it gets 30mpg and will last your dad forever. :)

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
really??

hmm well this is going to be my moms car. im sure it will never be drivin, he just wants to make it a little nicer looking than it is for her.

i dont know if i want him to do this though cause if for some reason my car is ever down, im sure this will be my ride for that time being.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
really??

hmm well this is going to be my moms car. im sure it will never be drivin, he just wants to make it a little nicer looking than it is for her.

i dont know if i want him to do this though cause if for some reason my car is ever down, im sure this will be my ride for that time being.

oh wait, I think I didnt make my post clear. I dont mean the rims look :rice: I meant the car.....its a import so its :rice: to me. I think those wheels look wayyyyyyyy better than the ones thats on it now O0

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah the car is :rice: but i don't want it to look any more :rice: than it is... the farthest we are going to go into :rice: shed is a very very very small lip kit/body kit..

the body kit im envisioning (is that the word im looking for?) is kinda like it looks right now with the stock lip on the bottom just something silver.. maybe just straight across with no curves.. we are definitely not going for anything fast and the furious.. just something that looks clean and will be a good car for my mom that she might enjoy driving.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
haha alrighttt, well i had a feeling this is where this thread would be heading.. :)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
If it machined wheels and not chrome I wouldn't have a problem with it.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
they aren't chrome.. the lighting of the two seperate pictures just makes it seem like they are chrome.

Hicks

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. Guy that owned me with some volvo... had it realy decently made.

Wheels and a realy sleek body kit that was bearly noticable. I loved it.

He was 50 + years old owning 2 kids in a mustang
Funniest race ive ever seen

I'd say always do wheels. You start hitting the rice stages when you go to them rear lights and stuff... lol
But yea man have fun with it. Make the car nice for mom is a very cool thing to do.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well Trey, I can't help you since you didnt include pics of your sister...

lol jk

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
why not just get it running 100% perfect and fix the needed body work back to stock...I don't see any reason to add wheels and a body kit to a car for your mom. All it will do is atract attention from the local scum who might want to steal it or brake into it thinking there is a boomin system (would you want your mom carjacked for some rims on a honda?) ...thats one of the reasons my g/f and i stopped buying import sports cars in the mid 90's. Just way too much unwanted attention from scumbags.

lrall

Reaction score
do the body work, buy a lip and maybe have it painted, clean up those chitty headlights, rims, lower and maybe an intake for that extra mpg? haha. clean it up and throw some decent rims on there(dont go too big, curb rash is baaad) and bam, mom car...pimp style :pimp2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online