Hood Badge Removal

DeuxStangs

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Hopefully someone can tell me how to remove the Ford oval on the hood of a 1994 model. Are they just held on with adhesive or clips/speed nuts?
Thanks guys!

badass98svt

Reaction score
I'd like to see that too. Where's the Ford emblem on the hood? I've see UK spec SNs but never saw a Ford emblem on there.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its probably just an add on that someone stuck on with some tape. Use some heat and then carefully pry it up/off or if you have thin piano/guitar wire you can put that under it carefully to remove it.

BHernandez

Reaction score
I've never seen an oval emblem on the hood of an SN95 body style. The have it on the rear trunk corner, but not on the hood. I know that all SN 95s use adhesive backed emblems. So, I'd try the old fishing line trick to remove it. A blow dryer or heat gun will help. Warm up the emblem area as much as possible without burning the paint. Work the fishing line through the adhesive back until the emblem comes off. Let the remaining adhesive cool. Then come back with a rubber eraser wheel or a rag and some solvent and remove the rest of the adhesive. Depending on the color of the car, you won't ever know where it was. If the paint around it is faded badly, it'll stick out like a sore thumb. Bright and shiny.

OP
OP
DeuxStangs

DeuxStangs

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Just presumed it was factory badge. Mine was a Japanese export version, would that be why? More than likely the previous owner stuck it on, so most likely a sticker type emblem then?DSC00008.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks like an add-on to me. A little heat will help to work it loose but don't get it too hot that hood is not metal.

Rod

Reaction score
Yeah, someone put it there. Not factory.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Looks great, peel that bugger off the hood.
Your car looks great. Mirrors ,side markers, fender flares...does it have the amber tails too?

BHernandez

Reaction score
Someone definitely added that. If it were European factory it would have been red, not blue. That looks like an American trunk badge. Maybe your car was previously owned by an American overseas.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Just presumed it was factory badge. Mine was a Japanese export version, would that be why? More than likely the previous owner stuck it on, so most likely a sticker type emblem then?View attachment 19523
I'd recognise that number plate style anywhere - you're in the UK like me!

And you have a tin top cousin of my convertible!

TMW

OP
OP
DeuxStangs

DeuxStangs

Reaction score
Thanks guys for replies.
Thanks badass98svt, have got the ambers, but not fitted + sorry TTOCS, yes, I replaced the Jap spec amber rear lights! Good thing is, I kept them and are thinking about getting it back to stock.
Hi TMW, is yours a Jap export?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Let me know if you decide to sell the Amber tails, or can find me another set.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Thanks guys for replies.
Thanks badass98svt, have got the ambers, but not fitted + sorry TTOCS, yes, I replaced the Jap spec amber rear lights! Good thing is, I kept them and are thinking about getting it back to stock.
Hi TMW, is yours a Jap export?
Hi.

No mine's a genuine USA one - didn't clock yours is import until it was highlighted.

Used to have a Jap one years ago though.

All good. You in mocgb perchance?

TMW

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online