HOOD PINS AND LATCH

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I installed the aerocatches and love them but I am still running my stock hood latch. If nothing else it just helps a little bit with security since you need to be inside the car to open it and it can't hurt to ensure the hood stays down. I have been considering removing it but only because I want the space that it occupies for my radar/laser reciever/shifter since it is the ideal location for it.

Just a word to the wise about the aerocatches is that they are having troubles with a cheap imitation/counterfeit pieces so if you are going to do the aerocatch be sure to not get the cheapest version you can find.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I have the more traditional hood pins and I am using the hood latch. However, I can remove the pins, pull up on the hood and it'll open without using the in car mechanism. This is why i have hood pins :rofl:

Royal96

Reaction score
I just ordered pins and will be keeping the latch. The more points of contact, the better.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Funny enough I have been in contact with the folks at aerocatch this week and I am trying to organize a group buy if anyone is interested. No promises yet but I think it looks promising.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Funny enough I have been in contact with the folks at aerocatch this week and I am trying to organize a group buy if anyone is interested. No promises yet but I think it looks promising.

I'd be in for a pair, my current pins are junk.

859DB670-5E85-469C-BB10-1267DB26FE61_zpsrg6vbihe.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Im installing aerocatch latches on mine and my stock hood latch is long gone. Cable and everything.

blackdemon007

Reaction score
I would jump in on that group buy.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score

im in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online