SN95 Members: Pin your town on the map! (2024 Update)

b1pig

Reaction score
Being that the original Member Map was on a website that was taken down and nonfunctional... There is a new option in case you want to see the area(s) some of us are at.

This is the link to the NEW MAP: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1THEr9orf74xfJgF3EKYmYuokdai76po&ll=36.25766060852858,-80.35207285000001&z=6
It is Google Maps. Drop a pin on your city.

EDIT: Mobile Users....
Try press/hold on link. Select "Open In New Tab". If you just tap it, it will open the map in Google Maps app. This does not seem to work properly. If you open the link in a new tab within the browser, this works just the same as it does on a PC.

For historical significance, this is the link to the original Member Map thread: https://www.sn95forums.com/threads/add-your-self-to-the-map.57/

The Google Maps link is the same no matter which thread it is in. Whether it's this one, or 11 pages back in the original.

MODs... anyone want to PIN this thread?

Last edited:
OP
OP
b1pig

b1pig

Reaction score
Any of you successful done this on mobile? I bet that’s why there isn’t more pins. Tried on mobile safari and the app. No luck.
I just did it on an iPhone in Safari.

Press/hold on link. Select “open in new tab”.
If you just tap it, it will open in google maps and that won’t work.

Select pin option.
Tap where you want the pin on the map and name it.

IMG_0615.png

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I just did it on an iPhone in Safari.

Press/hold on link. Select “open in new tab”.
If you just tap it, it will open in google maps and that won’t work.

Select pin option.
Tap where you want the pin on the map and name it.

I see the problem. I must FIRST be logged into Google. I do have an account, I just don’t like being logged in. I have to always remember to immediately sign back out.

They won’t even show you the tools unless your logged in.

Paul R

Reaction score
Hmmm,
Being that the original Member Map was on a website that was taken down and nonfunctional... There is a new option in case you want to see the area(s) some of us are at.

This is the link to the NEW MAP: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1THEr9orf74xfJgF3EKYmYuokdai76po&ll=36.25766060852858,-80.35207285000001&z=6

Try press/hold on link. Select "Open In New Tab". If you just tap it, it will open the map in Google Maps app. This does not seem to work properly. If you open the link in a new tab within the browser, this works just the same as it does on a PC.

For historical significance, this is the link to the original Member Map thread: https://www.sn95forums.com/threads/add-your-self-to-the-map.57/

The Google Maps link is the same no matter which thread it is in. Whether it's this one, or 11 pages back in the original.

Ludite here, I'll try to figure this out

Paul R

Reaction score

Oy! I'm not seeing many Oregonians!
I stuck a pin in Eugene, where, believe it or not, we had super rare convertible weather today!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m having trouble too. I have a iPhone. The “press/hold then open in another tab” sequence works but then I can’t see where the Pin function is. It’s probably just me because I am self-described as “technologically challenged “!! :-(

Paul R

Reaction score
I’m having trouble too. I have a iPhone. The “press/hold then open in another tab” sequence works but then I can’t see where the Pin function is. It’s probably just me because I am self-described as “technologically challenged “!! :-(
You're not alone my friend, at least we're trying!

OP
OP
b1pig

b1pig

Reaction score

You're not alone my friend, at least we're trying!

Guys,
I opened it with my iphone. Again, since this a Google based through Google Maps, I think it may require chrome....

I opened this thread on my phone in Chrome. Press/Hold on link and selected "open in new tab". The map opened in the new tab. I was able to tap the pin-drop and place one (testpin3) out near swampyland. No issues.

Sorry yall are having issues.

OP
OP
b1pig

b1pig

Reaction score
BTW....
Some of you guys got the pin on the map, but the label is "point xx". If you want to remain anonymous and leave it that way, cool. If you WANT your screen name on the pin, let me know and I can update it. You can post here or private message me.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2053.pngThis is what I get via the link. I can tap on the round “locator” circle (I’m in SoCal) and it turns red, but I don’t see where I could insert my name, exact location, etc.
I feel like this should be a no-brainer, even as “technologically-challenged” as I am! My iPhone is updated to 17.3.1, the latest version but this (picture) is as far as I get. I read want to participate and don’t want to be a thorn in your side, so please feel free to Pin me in there for me (if you can). I live in Somis, CA and my name is Daryl. Somis is about 40 miles South of Santa Barbara or 70 NW of L.A.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
View attachment 33058This is what I get via the link. I can tap on the round “locator” circle (I’m in SoCal) and it turns red, but I don’t see where I could insert my name, exact location, etc.
I feel like this should be a no-brainer, even as “technologically-challenged” as I am! My iPhone is updated to 17.3.1, the latest version but this (picture) is as far as I get. I read want to participate and don’t want to be a thorn in your side, so please feel free to Pin me in there for me (if you can). I live in Somis, CA and my name is Daryl. Somis is about 40 miles South of Santa Barbara or 70 NW of L.A.

Im Pretty much computer illiterate and was able to make it work

OP
OP
b1pig

b1pig

Reaction score
View attachment 33058This is what I get via the link. I can tap on the round “locator” circle (I’m in SoCal) and it turns red, but I don’t see where I could insert my name, exact location, etc.
Consider it done...
It's probably something to do with CommieFornia interfering with your freedom.
We can all see that you are looking longingly to the east. ;) :cool: :cool:

1709418323153.png

weendoggy

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with "CommieFornia". Works fine with Google, PC, Android, Phone, Tablet. I can edit on each one. Maybe it's the Apple that fell from the tree! It works in NV too! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online