convertible top latch

SN95_Project

Reaction score
Hi all! I replaced the driver and passenger side latches last summer. 4 days past the 1 yr warranty, the passenger is holding well, but the driver side is super loose. In fact, when it's latched, I can pull the hook with my finger (and almost no pressure) and pop it off. It comes off so easily that when I hit a bump, it will unlatch itself - obviously not good for interstate driving! It's also extremely hard to open the latch when closed.

I have no issue replacing it again, but I don't want to replace it yearly. Also, I've noticed the small white plastic shims in the assembly are missing from both sides now. I'm getting a new top in a couple weeks and need to have this done before then.

Any advice?

Thank you!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
is the rubber seal still looking good? I could see it getting worn down and leaving some space possibly but the only other thing I can think of is the top is not aligned correctly or the windshield might be a little out of place

OP
OP
S

SN95_Project

Reaction score
is the rubber seal still looking good? I could see it getting worn down and leaving some space possibly but the only other thing I can think of is the top is not aligned correctly or the windshield might be a little out of place
seal is new. It's the latch. Just don't know what happened to it.

OP
OP
S

SN95_Project

Reaction score
Looks like it was that darn plastic shim. Bought a NOS driver's side latch b/c I bent mine screwing with it, but the new shims have it opening like new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.