how is it...

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
I would do cool stuff with my v6 but I haz no monies and the hole 188k miles and autotrans thing are holding me back a bit too. I would love a m90 swap, or even a dual port swap, but this is my only car and work 5-6 days a week along with going to school 5 days a week so a major build is just out of the picture right now.

But seriously though lilRoush, Jeremy, and Orange are some of my idols for where I want my car to be someday. Because yall all have had some of the sickest, by far, v6 Mustangs I have ever seen.
i'm in the same boat as you lol. minus the job part... been job hunting since august with no success :(

i'm going to keep this car as a daily for a longgggg time. i'll cam it and maybe get some port work, but it's gonna stay mostly stock.

just remember 6er haters, without the v6 mustang, the gt would probably be out of production :)

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would do cool stuff with my v6 but I haz no monies and the hole 188k miles and autotrans thing are holding me back a bit too. I would love a m90 swap, or even a dual port swap, but this is my only car and work 5-6 days a week along with going to school 5 days a week so a major build is just out of the picture right now.

But seriously though lilRoush, Jeremy, and Orange are some of my idols for where I want my car to be someday. Because yall all have had some of the sickest, by far, v6 Mustangs I have ever seen.

That auto trans is a lot stronger than the manual in these cars...thing should handle 500 rwhp no problem, just a JMOD and a tranny cooler to keep that fluid cool and the trans happy.

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
That auto trans is a lot stronger than the manual in these cars...thing should handle 500 rwhp no problem, just a JMOD and a tranny cooler to keep that fluid cool and the trans happy.

This is true, but I would love to row the gears. But my trans does shift fairly crisp and quickly so I am happy. 188k miles with no slips I am pretty happy with that.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
This is true, but I would love to row the gears. But my trans does shift fairly crisp and quickly so I am happy. 188k miles with no slips I am pretty happy with that.

As long as you keep that fluid cool, change the fluid/filter every so often it should last a long time.

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
As long as you keep that fluid cool, change the fluid/filter every so often it should last a long time.

I've never actually changed the fluid or the filter, and I've put almost 30k on it, but I would be cautious to do so because I am worried if I do the trans will let go. Because I know if you don't do it regularly or have never done it before, it can cause problems. I remember my step dad did it on this old work van and in two weeks the trans let go.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've never actually changed the fluid or the filter, and I've put almost 30k on it, but I would be cautious to do so because I am worried if I do the trans will let go. Because I know if you don't do it regularly or have never done it before, it can cause problems. I remember my step dad did it on this old work van and in two weeks the trans let go.

If the trans is already toast and the fluid is burnt you dont want to change it...but if you pull the dipstick and the fluid is still red and doesnt smell burnt or look dark in color you should be fine.

is a jmod worth it justin?

Yea, a jmod basically will allow more fluid to flow and allow for faster/firmer shifting. Its better for the trans.

Its def worth it, very simple to do if you follow the instructions online.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online