How many qts of oil for 98gt

White 96GT

Reaction score
Well I've only changed my oil once in my 96GT because I've only had it since september. And remember clearly that It took 6 quarts of Royal Purple. I can still feel that blow to my pocket book. I'm 16 and that oil change cost 65 bucks with the K&N oil filter.

Whistler98

Reaction score
I have a 98 and my owners manual says 6 and I always put 6 in and it is right where it should be. My first oil change when I bought the car I only put 5 in it and I was a quart low and said wtf? I checked the manual and sure enough it said it takes 6, ever since then I have put 6 in it. lol.

Also after I change my oil and put the new oil in I run it for a minute or 2 and then wait another min or 2 to check it and it is right on. If you don't leave it run long enough or check it to soon after you shut it off it will read low or you won't get an accurate reading.

CCM Power

Reaction score
I have a 96Gt with about 74,000 miles on it here in PA. I use 5w-30 and it always takes 6 quarts. Never had a problem with low oil and it doesnt burn the oil either. I usually change mine at 2,500-3,000 miles here.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
which is most recommended?
I have asked plenty of times for someone to teach me about different weights of oils and what they all mean but ive yet to have a responce.
why do you run 5w30 and not 5w20?
which motor oils are best? amsoil? castrol?
someone please help me here

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
White 96GT said:
Well I've only changed my oil once in my 96GT because I've only had it since september. And remember clearly that It took 6 quarts of Royal Purple. I can still feel that blow to my pocket book. I'm 16 and that oil change cost 65 bucks with the K&N oil filter.
you overpaid like crazy, the oil should have only cost you like $35.

voidfinger

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
i know that my haynes manual says 5...

and the manual said that you only should use mercron 5 on 99 up trans and the truth is from 94 up since the aode and 4r70w. :blah2: o and mine takes six, the reason some peoples takes six and some five is b/c of the optional oil cooler that serculates coolant around the oil thing, it makes a one quart difference. if yours takes six thats why, and if yours don't then it doesn't have the cooler or you left a lot of oil in it. NOW for the question at hand, did you tighten up the oil pan nut right or did you not tighten the filter enough, it happend to me one day, i left it off and put in the oil and poured six quarts of fully senthetic all over the floor. :puke:

GDawg

Reaction score
White 96GT said:

$12 for K&N oil filter
$6 quart Royal Purple
$48
plus
$17 labor

I can see it being that much...

mark8796

Reaction score
6 quarts Castrol Syntec 5w-30 always on line. owner's manual says 6, Chilton's/Hayne's say 5. Go w/ 6!

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Damn, yall are lucky.. i WISH my car still took 6 quarts.. 2/3 = filter the rest is the pan.. 6.5 quarts takes it COMPLETELY to the top of the fill range.

My car now uses 11 Quarts of oiL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White 96GT

Reaction score
GDawg said:
White 96GT said:

$12 for K&N oil filter
$6 quart Royal Purple
$48
plus
$17 labor

I can see it being that much...

Thats all true exapt the labor, and the Royal Purple costs 7bucks. I hate people who pay someone to change their oil. You know how easy it is? so yes it was a $12dollar K&N and then 6quarts of Royal =$42 plus tax equals about 60 bucks. Huh I wonder why They charged me 65? I heard I shouldn't trust that shop but dam I thought it'd be safe to buy a filter and some oil thier?

4point6GT

Reaction score
cost me around $65 to change my oil today which im happy!!!!!! oh yea I did it myself, royal purple is expensive but worth it!!!got me a ford racing oil filter too 8).....reason why it was a lil more than going to buy it at stores its cause I ordered my stuff from online, yea shippin sucks but oh well.

6qts btw O0

Thomas_W

Reaction score
you guys are brave running royal purple engine oil. I know 4 people personally who lost motors after they changed there oil a few times with it..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online