How much weight do you guys toss in your trunk for winter/snow driving?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
But I have my sub box in the way though, so I gotta cut up the bodies alittle to make them fit.

S

scarface

_hijack.gif
banhim.gif

smokeybear

Reaction score
Im in the same boat as you with snow driving.I have to drive mine in snow(when it desides to snow here in nj) make shure you have a full tank of gas and have at leaset 250 to 300 lbs in the trunk also fold the seat down and put some weight there to like 150. studed snows are a great idea too.I have trction control in my 03 gt. I found that it needs to be off. or i go no where.now if i can just find crapy rims I can get snow tires. hope this helps

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
ehh..just learn how to drift youll be fine....

seriously...I probably wouldnt reccomend driving in snow without driving like grandma.

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

Yah, obviously the key is just very cautious driving to stay safe. I might or might not try more weight, but I'm not convinced it really helps that much. Tires are probably the best thing you can do, and I did buy winter rubber, just not the top of the line ones. You can tell just from looking at Blizzaks or similar that they're far superior.

whty98

Reaction score
I have the same problem, only worse. When I lived at home (in college now and winter break) I had to deal with country driving and snow :help2: A mustang is the last car you want to drive. I also have use of a 95 f150 2WD which is so easy to drive compared to my car. Moral: Mustang + snow/ice = HELL >:D If you must, get some V6 rims and good snow tires for winter use with some sand in the trunk for weight and needed traction when you get stuck. Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online