How screwed am I?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
now that I think about it though if you had a couple of turns on it before it broke, and now its broke down below the head you might be able to tap tap tap it down through the hole.

Connie

Reaction score
So here are a couple of pics of the offending bolt. I used a couple of quarters stacked to give some reference on how much bolt is protruding above the head surface.

View attachment 8196 View attachment 8195

Since it is the very rear-most bolt holding the intake, there is no direct overhead clearance (as you would need to drill for an ez-out or helicoil). I might be able to cut a slot with a dremel to put a large screwdriver in. If, as Silverbird suggests, that is a thru hole, I might be able to drive it thru and out the bottom? I probably got a good 3-5 rotations of the bolt while trying to remove it (before is seized/broke). It might be able to drive thru the bottom?

Do any of you guys who weld think there is enough there to work with? I have a buddy who does some welding . . .
Hi there. You may have enough left on the Bolt to grab it with 'Adjustable Screw Type Locking Pliers'. Spray Penetrating Oil around the bolt, let it set a little bit. Then lock the pliers on, if you have enough room, and work it back and forth a little at a time. TTOCS has brought out what I'd try next.

Five

Reaction score
If you drill it and easy out, use a left hand drill bit, it may break loose as you drill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online