how to clean engine bay

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
I've got a shit load of coolant rust all over my engine bay..I want to get rid of it. Simplegreen and a wirebrush didnt do it.

marq.fcb

Reaction score
what is the best way to clean "paper" isolation under the hood ?

picture707l.jpg

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Do you mean insulation? I spray it down with degreaser, and pressure wash it. Dont get too close though or you'll tear it. As long as yours is still tight and isnt sagging, thats the quickest, easiest way to clean it. I do it all day every day at work and only have problems with the junkers that are already torn up, yours looks to be in good shape

marq.fcb

Reaction score
JiMi_DRiX said:
Do you mean insulation? I spray it down with degreaser, and pressure wash it. Dont get too close though or you'll tear it. As long as yours is still tight and isnt sagging, thats the quickest, easiest way to clean it. I do it all day every day at work and only have problems with the junkers that are already torn up, yours looks to be in good shape

insulation-isolation same shit :laughing5:

thanks for advice

yes, mine is in very good shape, except that it has these spots ;)

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
just be careful with the pressure washer! I dont know how much power the one you'll use has, but dont put any holes in it. Usually youll see all the oil and crap running out the bottom of it.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The only way to make that Underhood insulation is to remove it, and paint it flate black with some Duplicolor paint.

Honestly, i just removed the insulation all together and it looks WAY better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online