How to Convertible Roof Switch always active?

khan.cross

Reaction score
What is the secret trick to get the switch active even without pulling the E-brake lever?
I can disconnect the power cable from the E-brake switch but in this situation the dash warning light does not work too. I want the warning light still work as usual. The E-brake switch has to be disconneted from the roof switch. But how?IMG_20240327_114834_654.jpg

95opal

Reaction score
Go to the back at the top pump youll see two relays cut the purple and white wires from each. Tie them together with a lug and ground them to the chassis. Unlike grounding the wires in the center console this will not illuminate the e-brake light.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Here’s wiring diagram just for a visual.

You can see the violet/white wires and how they tie into the parking brake and why grounding then bypasses it like mentioned

IMG_8867.jpeg

badass98svt

Reaction score
You can see the violet/white wires and how they tie into the parking brake and why grounding then bypasses it like mentioned

View attachment 33841

Maybe you can. :D
I can never fully read those damn things.

I mean I can follow the wires, but I don't understand all the electronics half the time.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I considered doing this when I installed my "one-touch" top down solution (a self-sealing relay circuit with a microswitch that breaks the circuit when the top is fully dropped). In my case, I kept the e-brake interface as a safety, because if I didn't, bumping the switch could result in its straining against the latched top until I either realized it was happening, or the pump motor burned out. Even in a normal case, though, I would probably leave it in place. You only need to lift the handle one click to allow the switch to function, and I would rather it not operate at all without needing to do something intentional first.

My $. 02, and worth that much. :)

EDIT: Bonus, hitting the top-down button also rolls down all the windows, so if I just want to do that and not drop the top, I can make it happen by pressing the button *without* lifting the e-brake handle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online