How to keep rear of my mustang clean longer?

Josh

Reaction score
I'm not sure where else to ask this so I'll ask here. How do you guys manage to keep the back side of your white stangs clean? I've got a 94 Cobra and I cannot for the life of me keep the back clean. Maybe it's just due to living where I do? I always end up with a lot of dust and dirt accumulation. Even a day after washing it. I know this is to be expected with owning a white car. But surely I'm not the only one?
5xn7.jpg

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Washing. I know your pain, but it doesn't show up too much on orange until about a week.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
California car duster.

I've had one for about 2 months now and it's the greatest thing in the world.

OP
OP
Josh

Josh

Reaction score
I'll definitely pick one up next time I stop by AutoZone. It always just bugs me that my entire car is clean, but then I go to get gas and boom, I just see all the dust that's already accumulated. Thanks guys!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Be very careful with the duster. If the sediment is too big, it will cause scratches.

Also, when you buy it, read the instructions. They used to have you set it out for a couple days on a newspaper to absorb the oils/contaminants from the packaging

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
It's the joy of owning theses cars. 94 thru 04 have this problems bad I think. 94 thru 98 for sure

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not so much here. The only area that gets really dirty is the top of the bumper under the trunk. And that's only when it rains

chris91

Reaction score
Also make sure you really dry it after washing. The tails like to hold water in. It'll drip down the bumper when you take off and then you go driving down your street and kick up dust and it sticks right to the water from the tails making the rear nasty again. Don't know how many times I've done it myself. LoL

That and always keep a bottle of spray wax and a fresh microfiber handy. :D

Saint

Reaction score
I'm not sure where else to ask this so I'll ask here. How do you guys manage to keep the back side of your white stangs clean? I've got a 94 Cobra and I cannot for the life of me keep the back clean. Maybe it's just due to living where I do? I always end up with a lot of dust and dirt accumulation. Even a day after washing it. I know this is to be expected with owning a white car. But surely I'm not the only one?

I have a white SN also....It's just something you have to put up with man... After wash and wax I'll have dust and dirt on the top of the rear bumper after 3-4 days. Especially if I get on the highway. I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer followed by Meguires Quik Wax applied with a microfiber rag. Man it works wonders! Meguiar's is the only Quik Detailer and Quik Wax I will use. The shine will last at least a week before dusting it off again.

2QuikDetailerQuikWax.jpg

You won't be disappointed bro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online