How to tell difference between TFS Street Heat and Track Heat?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I don't know which one I have.

I need an intake spacer. Summit lists only two spacers for TFS intakes, the Track Heat and the R-series. So then is it a safe assumption that the Street Heat and the Track Heat share the same runner pattern?

It looks like this:
Notch%20Engine.jpg

Anyone have an answer for this?

Anyone have an old TFS phenolic spacer they don't need?

Paul.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Okay, pretty sure it's a Street Heat. So does the track heat spacer still work?

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
the street heat and the track heat do share the same spacer, i do not know what is different about them, but i would guess the internals?
as far as ordering on summit, the street heat will work, as long as you dont buy the "r" series or the "box series.

Magic

Reaction score
that intake in the pic is definately not an R series manifold...the R-series is a little "beefier"

The street heat and track heat share the same lower intake, but the upper intakes are different...the street heat has a longer plenum.....

the R-series lower has MUCH larger ports and a different "beefier" upper intake....

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I know it's not an R-series. I was trying to determine if it was a street heat or a track heat. Figured out it's a street heat, and that they share the same spacer as the track heat.

Suspect

Reaction score
TFS-51520008 i just picked one up sunday. and i have a street heat, but will be swapping to a track heat. so i was happy to find out that its the same spacer for both. 8)

thorco3

Reaction score
could anyone tell me what the difference is performance wise...?

I'm an intake noob...

Foster98GT

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
could anyone tell me what the difference is performance wise...?

I'm an intake noob...
Same here...How bad is the install? I wanted to get one for my 5hoe...

Suspect

Reaction score
the spacer is suppose to make the air cooler, which = more hp. but i didnt by mine for that. i got some taller valve covers that are going on my new motor. so i need to raise the upper some.

thorco3

Reaction score
Suspect said:
the spacer is suppose to make the air cooler, which = more hp. but i didnt by mine for that. i got some taller valve covers that are going on my new motor. so i need to raise the upper some.

oops, I should have been more specific. I know what a phenolic spacer does. I was actually wondering what the main difference is between the street heat and track heat. I mean, what other mods should be used in conjunction with each etc...?

stang94X

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
Suspect said:

oops, I should have been more specific. I know what a phenolic spacer does. I was actually wondering what the main difference is between the street heat and track heat. I mean, what other mods should be used in conjunction with each etc...?

i think but not sure that the street heat has longer runners and the track heat has short and a little more open runners and i believe the lower intake is the same so both uppers can be bolted onto the same lower

Suspect

Reaction score
i think the street makes power from idle to 5500rpms. the track makes it from 1000 to 6500 or something close to that.