What's the difference between the 98 and early 99s a c lines and the rest of the 99-04 lines??

trixy&allee

Reaction score
When I read it my a c the ac manifold Line it connects to the compressor Was leaking on that little bleeter thing on the side I took it off and put a new o ring on But when I tightened it up it broke off I went to buy a new one no one has one Ford said that I specifically need one for a 98 and 99... Which is weird because I thought all 99s-04s were the same So I can buy this piece but it's for a 2000- 04 And the dealership says the part numbers don't match up And that it won't work... Apparently the one I need has been discontinued to know when carries it. And it's only the fits Ninety eight and early ninety nine... Has anyone run into this finding one at a junkyard seems to be impossible.... My question is, has anyone Interchange to ac partsScreenshot_20230814_171114_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
T

trixy&allee

Reaction score
No one, anyway its mearly the shape, They will tell you that it's discontinued, but if you bend it (the 00- 04) carefully, you can get it to work... Hope this helps anyone in the future.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Looking at a few diagram
From the manifold that mounts behind compressor
It Tees at each end on 99

So you need to find the proper fit and bends

OP
OP
T

trixy&allee

Reaction score
Looking at a few diagram
From the manifold that mounts behind compressor
It Tees at each end on 99

So you need to find the proper fit and bends
Yeah so uh I just put it in... All I had to do is bend it

OP
OP
T

trixy&allee

Reaction score
This seems to be such a rare thing. I don't know why it was discontinued... Kind of an asshole moved by ford.... I meant to come back and get the answer some glad you replied .

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
This seems to be such a rare thing. I don't know why it was discontinued... Kind of an asshole moved by ford.... I meant to come back and get the answer some glad you replied .

Quite welcome!

Ford did some goofy shit in 98 & 99. They started using stuff on the 98 that was being rolled out on the 99 and then started to change things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online