Hydrographics

330CubeGt

Reaction score
My buddy is opening a Hydrographics company sometime in December.we have been trying to do alot of out own stuff to build a gallery/show what we can do. Been posting pics daily on the facebook page if you want to check them out @ KJ Hydrographics. Just figured I would post off a few recent pics to see what you guys think.It can be used on many surfaces and offered in many patterns so its almost endless what you can do with it. Let me know what you guys think.
Intercooler pipes.
egahuta3.jpg

2a3yzejy.jpg

SVO Hood scoop insert
y7usevez.jpg

usugamaq.jpg

Turbo Coupe gauge bezel.
u9a3arab.jpg

yzyjytad.jpg

Small glass done in cammo.
2eju4umu.jpg

aze7ygu3.jpg

Flower vase in cammo.
7ybunupe.jpg

6y9y5e3e.jpg

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Ruger LCP
u7yvesag.jpg

uta6yzar.jpg

Ruger SR9C
y6u5ugys.jpg

2uhemera.jpg

H&R Pardner Pump shotgun. Just the stock and foregrip.
ezaheha4.jpg

adyzuga5.jpg

yqeja8yq.jpg

Oakley Eypatch II glasses.
5urytage.jpg

ury3uzut.jpg

aqa9esun.jpg

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Iphone otter box case.
sy7egyty.jpg

DOHC 4cyl Valve cover.
ahy2ebu3.jpg

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
HydroGraphics, also known as*immersion printing,*water transfer printing,water transfer imaging, or*cubic printing, is a method of applying*printed*designs to three-dimensional objects.

The hydrographic process can be used on metal, plastic, glass, hard woods, and various other materials. In the process, the substrate piece to be printed is pre-treated and a base coat material is applied. A*polyvinyl alcohol*film is*gravure-printed with the graphic image to be transferred, and is then floated on the surface of a vat of water.
An activator chemical is sprayed on the film to dissolve it into a liquid and activate a bonding agent. The piece is then lowered into the vat, through the floating ink layer, which wraps around and adheres to it.
After removing the piece from the water, a top coat is applied to protect the design. With multiple dippings, hydrographics printing can achieve full 360° coverage of the part surface, including small crevices.

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Its still a up and coming art, not a ton of folks out there doing it yet compared to say powdercoating.But its growing fast.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of stuff done in the Carbon Fiber patter and it looked really good.

How does it stand up to heat and oil etc? Do you think it would last on valve covers or say timing cover?

95opal

Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of stuff done in the Carbon Fiber patter and it looked really good.

How does it stand up to heat and oil etc? Do you think it would last on valve covers or say timing cover?

All depends on the clear used, the ink will be fine

I was thinking about the wires and hoses in the engine bay. Give a nice braided look to all of 'em.

not the kind of parts its intended for..If you want braided line buy braided line. Hydro isn't that cheap when you get into doing multiple parts.

Used it on my old set up for the firewall cover. like anything else it has its place for use.

Tekton1377

Reaction score

not the kind of parts its intended for..If you want braided line buy braided line. Hydro isn't that cheap when you get into doing multiple parts.

Used it on my old set up for the firewall cover. like anything else it has its place for use.

Well I was just giving an example with the braided line idea but really I was thinking that it could be any design but I'm guessing this doesn't work on flexible parts? And here I was hoping for skulls all over my spark plug wires. :)

Tony

Legend
Reaction score

fuukin rediculous!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you might remember the gander mountain bike that OCC made where they went and coated the parts for their bike, and then even did their hand?
[video=youtube;3_xmrYrC4Gw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_xmrYrC4Gw[/video]

Caboose302

Reaction score
how much is it to do the slides on the pistol? How well does it hold up to heat and does it come off easily if you need it to?
I think this would look pretty cool and my XD compact. Maybe with some ghost skulls so you couldnt really see them unless you looked.

95opal

Reaction score
part of me see's your shit and thinks fuuk yes i need another mustang. then the other part does this!!!

give-up.gif

hahaha

lol Stick with the first part and go snag another sn will ya.

how much is it to do the slides on the pistol? How well does it hold up to heat and does it come off easily if you need it to?
I think this would look pretty cool and my XD compact. Maybe with some ghost skulls so you couldnt really see them unless you looked.

Gun stocks and grips have been done all the time. Getting it of isn't like peeling vinyl ..they shoot clear over the print. So basically youd have to sand it off.

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score

Yep, we have done valve covers, Intakes and intercooler pipes. Guns are a popular choice to have graphed and the slides get pretty warm.

Its not air brushing so I'm not 100% on a ghost skull type pattern, unless we did a darker primary color so it didn't pop out at first glance.Holds up to heat, elements etc well. And is hard to remove like say paint or powder coat.
Has to be sand blasted, sanded or similar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online