i installed some longtubes!!!

94pacecar435

Reaction score
i took some days off of work to go to Reno,Nv, but things didnt go as planned so i decided to just work on my car for the next 6 days. i bought some bbk longtube headers and a bbk o/r x for $120. while installing the headers i also deleted all the smog hoses that go to the smog pump. thanks to 5.HOE we got everything done by the end of the day. heres the pics, enjoy.
headers004.jpg

headers009.jpg

headers010.jpg

headers011.jpg

headers008.jpg

headers006.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
that is a hell of a steal for $120....and they look awesome

one question though, what is that brace lookin thing?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
94pacecar435 said:
what brace is that? :dunno: the brace under the motor is a x brace
is that one stock or a stock replacement...i know there is a brace that convertibles have and coupes dont, but im not sure if that is it.

ripper

Reaction score
Nice job man. Was it hard to get the old manifolds off?

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Should sound LOUD :boink:
damn pacecar u beat to the pics. well today we got the x pipe welded in the rear so everythings finished.well get a sound clip soon but its actually quieter than before. it sounds a little raspy but i think its nice. it revs faster so hopefully it got some ponies :dunno:

97vertstang

Reaction score
oh and we got lucky that the headers were pre "massaged" or else it would have been worse. they were already massaged and it was a very tight fit in the steering shaft and the clutch fork. in fact we had to get rid of the clutch fork cover to fit. we also had to use a fox dipstick to make the dipstick work. all in all it wasnt that hard but there was a couple areas that this headers wont work "as is". u need to message them to make them work.

97vertstang

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
94pacecar435 said:
is that one stock or a stock replacement...i know there is a brace that convertibles have and coupes dont, but im not sure if that is it.
i think that might be what ur talking about. i remember my 97 vert also had it, idk if the coupes have them though????

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
hey nice deal man i would love to find some longtubes for my car....one quick question tell me about your braided fuel line you got there....does it go all the way from the tank to the rails?

97vertstang

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
hey nice deal man i would love to find some longtubes for my car....one quick question tell me about your braided fuel line you got there....does it go all the way from the tank to the rails?
since hes not online ill just tell u. it just goes to the fmu, we got the fmu used with that fuel line.

94Vert

Reaction score
5.HOE said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
94pacecar435 said:
i think that might be what ur talking about. i remember my 97 vert also had it, idk if the coupes have them though????

yeah, coupes don't have them and their stock on verts