I Just Saved a Boatload of Money with....Grundy

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got cars,
I got kids, here and out of state
they eat up my insurance policies
My agent loves me.
Me and the wife watch a lot of MotorTrend TV...
She has been bugging me to call Grundy.
I got a used buggy coming this week but I will save that for later.
So I call and switch the Mustang to Agreed Value policy and at 15,000 it is 236.00 a year.
Now I have new changes to the old policy and call my agent and tell him which car is where and which kid is driving it and get the new beater added and every thing is fine until I say the magic words "Agreed Value" and bang zoom... hey Mr. Fart did you know you qualify for a rate reduction??? I was already at the lowest category and tier for being with them 20 years
I saved 2500.00 today

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
i just called them this week and compared them to haggardy and found about the same thing on mine. It was almost 2x as much for haggardy.... As much as I asked around I could not find anyone that has used grundy personally. I didn't hear anything bad but just not hearing anything really just didn't make me rest easy. I don't trust insurance companies as it is and it just seemed like I was setting myself up for failure by going with the absolute cheapest, that just seemed too good to be true.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of hoops to jump through sending in pictures and getting paperwork notarized but I am tired of the low payouts when I have a claim and Grundy let me put the replacement price where ever I wanted.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll have to do this once o get the beast back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
I was thinking of using Haggerty or Grundy for my 02 gt but the biggest thing is what are they like when you have to file a claim? Yeah the low rates look good but Id hate to get screwed for trying to save a few bucks.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I think theyre branching out from just insuring collectables to regular cars too. I know Haggerty did at least.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They will insure anything and anybody and any business.. They are just like Lloyd's of London now, they have the appraisers to underwrite the policy and when your not trying to cover tsunami damage rates are low.
When I was young and working I had my hands insured for 1mil. by my partners. You can get anything insured for any amount as long as both parties agree to the price. They do not bust your balls if you say your Mustang is worth 100k, it could be a show car. They might say you must keep it in a custom trailer with a Halon fire system like they did to my friend. I asked him why and he said he must keep his most expensive cars that way so they can be moved fast in a fire.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They have to do a rider to the policy and you would have to call ahead 7 days with the dates and then they come up with a price per day and double it if you are road racing bla bla bla. That is what most of the track day insurance do when you read the fine print.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
on their form they ask if it will be used on a track. I wasn't gonna lie and put maybe 1-2 times a year. I got the email response I guess that my credit was good and they accepted me almost instantly and gave me a quote. Then the next day they sent me a rejection notice saying that it was not covered because I was going to use it on the track. By then it didn't really matter as after thinking it over they were just too damn cheap for me to expect them to be nice when/if something happens. I don't trust insurance companies. Their clients/customers are not their #1 concern...

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
True, they want my car parked the the garage which I do but I have only one bay open and have to have the car outside for that amount of time I am working on something else, sounds like a loophole in their favor?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
those little f'n loop holes are what they live for. When I got my house it came with a 1 yr home warranty. About 6 months in the main water feed for the house developed a leak that kept getting worse. It was underground until 6" in front of the house where it came up from the ground and then made a 90 degree turn into the house through the front wall. That 90 is where the leak was. So I call them up and explain to them what is happening and the dude asks me "So the leak is actually outside of the house?". I mean, yea I guess but its attached to the outside wall, kind of on the line I guess? So then he tells me that the warranty covers nearly EVERYTHING in the house, but it has to be with in the 4 walls of the house so this is not covered. Needless to say when it was up and they kept mailing me shit to extend it, I did not...... I don't even want to get into the health insurance racket.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
If your over 49 theres AARP
List the cars under pleasure
You might be surprised
I had state farm what a joke

RustyRodder

Reaction score
Well damn, I might look into this... Putting the Jeep & my 02 V6 on Grundy puts me at 412/yr. Which saves me 80/yr over my regular company, and gives me a guaranteed payout if they are wrecked. Why not?

castine917

Reaction score
Grundy denied me as I want to drive my car to work and get groceries with it sometimes. The only time they would allow me to drive it was to shows. Parking anywhere else but shows and garage equals denial.