i work at a car detail shop

[NIGH7MAR3]

Reaction score
so if you have any question on paint, or if you can get something out of paint or shine questions i do it everyday for a living please pm me

916_5.0

Reaction score
Sweet, how do you gbet like the light little scratches and swirl marks out of paint.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
916_5.0 said:
Sweet, how do you gbet like the light little scratches and swirl marks out of paint.
wax it, i used mcguiars and it got out all the little scratches and swirls

OP
OP
N

[NIGH7MAR3]

Reaction score
if you do a high speed or orbital wax with a really good wax life teflon or meguires itll come out

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
ju015dd said:
sorry, waxes dont take out scratches. polishes do

Yes. Ideally polishes take out all the swirls. However some polishes are mixed with a filling compound that fills in the scratches temporarily.

OP
OP
N

[NIGH7MAR3]

Reaction score
high speed with a teflon compound tkes them out and the paint looks brand new that why were i wrok it costs 450$ to be done

wytstang

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
ju015dd said:
sorry, waxes dont take out scratches. polishes do

Yes. Ideally polishes take out all the swirls. However some polishes are mixed with a filling compound that fills in the scratches temporarily.
You're right some polishs do hide instead of remove, which is why research in so important. No sure what Teflon compound is and how good it is. Can you give a little more info on this?

OP
OP
N

[NIGH7MAR3]

Reaction score
its a telflon based wax mixed with other caranuba waxes and you wax it on with hand first then take it off and wash your car the with a orbital buffer thn do the same then high speed wax it and repeat until paint is how you like it

Juztang

Reaction score
Teflon is a big marketing sheme. The only way the whole telfon thing would work is if it was actually baked on the paint at some outrageous temperature. I've read a few studies on this and it is basically a waste of money.

There is nothing wrong with using regular polishes/swirls removers to do paint correction. I mainly use Optimum and Menzerna with a high speed, I also use Poorboys sometimes.

elcapitan1987

Reaction score
I have a question. My car was repainted two years ago (in Germany) they did a horrible job and I took em to court and won. Anyways, there are swirls, bubbles and like bumps (seems like debris are underneath the paint) and also my hood has cracking that is starting to occur. Since then I have moved to Florida (Tampa Area) and am wondering if the car needs to be totally redone or if some clay bar will take some of the swirls out? Currently my car is in the shop so I can't post any photos.

wytstang

Reaction score
A clay bar only removes contaminates on the paint not in the paint (or under the clearcoat). It sounds like it has to be redone, and thanks Juzstang for the insite. I've read the same thing on other detailing boads about it being a waste and worthless.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Juztang said:
Teflon is a big marketing sheme. The only way the whole telfon thing would work is if it was actually baked on the paint at some outrageous temperature. I've read a few studies on this and it is basically a waste of money.

There is nothing wrong with using regular polishes/swirls removers to do paint correction. I mainly use Optimum and Menzerna with a high speed, I also use Poorboys sometimes.

SSSSSHHHHHHHH :)
us car sales guys get a nice chunk of the "Special Teflon Coating" we sell to idiots who don't research and just spend whatever to impress some young chick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online