IAC & TPS Install Questions ?

xs man 27

Reaction score
hey guys every now and than my idle on my 95 gt will seem to jump up at a stop light etc, I looked at my tps and iac and they seem to be orginal so I deciced to replace them both ( iac I got is Ford Motorsport and tps is standard motor company ) my question is when I replace them is it as simple as just unplugging them removing the bolts and gasket , cleaning the area put ptv on and new gasket and install new parts and tighten bolts and pluging them back in ? I ve read some people say about pulling the battery cables and doing a reset etc and others saying they just unbolted old part and bolted on new part and that was it.... any info on anyone who has done this before would be great,, thank you again

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what throttle body do you have? I noticed similar problems after installing a professional product TB and after I sold it the person said he had the same problems.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I get that hanging idle with my 75mm tb I installed recently. The consensus is to reset the battery but I have yet to do that.

Regarding pulling the battery cables, its not necessary for either sensor. The iac doesnt need to be calibrated so the ecu doesnt need to be reset and every time the key is cycled the tps is calibrated.

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thank you for replies,, my TB is a bbk edelbrock older style one I believe came on the car when I purchased it ,, its a 65mm..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not exactly sure what a BBK/edelbrock style is as they all pretty much look the same. I was able to help mine by limiting the air the IAC could get by making a restricer plate for it but that is a band-aid fix for sure.

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
my actual TB has edelbrock and bbk imprinted on it, not sure why ,, like I said it was on the car ,, thank you again

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
get a pic. I have an edelbrock myself and it had it in raised letters and the model number stamped across the flange, but did not say bbk anywhere. Makes me wonder if you have a knock-off or something and it could be the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online