identifying 1996-1998 cobras

Slow95Cobra

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Shifty Powers said:
Slow95Cobra said:
other than the air bag, other things ive seen "fakes" fail to swap over is the rear brakes. the cobra had vented rotors, not soild blanks..

that they did, im im pretty sure the 6 & GT only had 10.5 inch rear brakes, and the cobra has 11.65 on the rear... id have to look that up though...

what u talkin about willis? what cobra u talkin about? what cobras came with vented rotors? 96-98 did not..

what? They have to, I thought all 94-04 Cobras had the same brakes... mine has vented rotors all around :headbang:

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
Shifty Powers said:
OnyxCobra said:
Shifty Powers said:
Slow95Cobra said:
other than the air bag, other things ive seen "fakes" fail to swap over is the rear brakes. the cobra had vented rotors, not soild blanks..

you sir had aftermarket brakes when u bought yours.. no cobra has vented rotors from the factory( not even the new KR).. by vented u mean slotted correct?

what u talkin about willis? what cobra u talkin about? what cobras came with vented rotors? 96-98 did not..

what? They have to, I thought all 94-04 Cobras had the same brakes... mine has vented rotors all around :headbang:

Vented doesn't mean slotted

Vented:

Unvented:

tankerman1981

Reaction score
so many liitle things can be done to make it look like a real cobra but i mean the engine is a dead give away 4V vs a 2V... maybe its just that i'm a car guy but i look under my hood and cant believe how they put all that engine in that small frame.. good luck man though

95PGTTech

Reaction score
The VIN should be: 1FAFP47V_ _F_ _ _ _ _ _

1FA: Ford Passenger Car Manufactured By Ford U.S.A.
F: Active Belts Plus Second Generation Driver And Passenger Air Bag
P47: 2 Door Mustang Cobra Coupe
V: 4.6L EFI-DOHC 281 CID V8 Engine
F: Dearborn, MI Assembly Plant

Sorry, I don't know what the P47 would be if it is a convertible, but it should still have the V.

All of this according to documentation that came with my Cobra, this VIN decode coming in a signed letter from Cecil Mar, Ford Customer Service Division. Hope this helps.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
95PGTTech said:
The VIN should be: 1FAFP47V_ _F_ _ _ _ _ _

1FA: Ford Passenger Car Manufactured By Ford U.S.A.
F: Active Belts Plus Second Generation Driver And Passenger Air Bag
P47: 2 Door Mustang Cobra Coupe
V: 4.6L EFI-DOHC 281 CID V8 Engine
F: Dearborn, MI Assembly Plant

Sorry, I don't know what the P47 would be if it is a convertible, but it should still have the V.

All of this according to documentation that came with my Cobra, this VIN decode coming in a signed letter from Cecil Mar, Ford Customer Service Division. Hope this helps.

46 is convertable 47 is coupe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online