Idle Speed Issue

delling3

Reaction score
Hello. 1996 GT, auto, 95000 miles. New car to me. I have noticed that with the car running, and the AC switched off, that the idle speed drops to around 600 RPM, and the car occasionally stalls out while stopped at a light. If I switch the AC on, the idle speed actually sits about 750 RPM, and the car does not experience stalling.

So, any thoughts? It would seem to me that the additional load of the AC compressor would more likely cause and idle speed drop, not an increase as compared to no AC.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
First reboot the PCM, disconnect both battery cables and touch them together. Then reattach and start the car, it will be in open loop for 45 seconds then start to smooth out, after 1 minute start the AC wait a minute and turn on the lights and everything else for a minute then turn them off one by one slowly and just let the car idle for 10 minutes. Next go drive around and come to quick stops, your trying to force a stall. The PCM is relearning the whole time, when you get back see if you have the same problems...If so then it is time to fiddle with the mechanicals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online