Illegal to fix your car in your own garage

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ive seen a few articles about this lately.

Liberals can have California. They come up with some of the dumbest laws by the dumbest people. Oregon isn’t far behind. Oregon just recently I did the law that wouldn’t allow you to pump your own gas and people went nuts. They were angry and upset at the idea of pumping their own gas cause it’s so dangerous and should only be done by a professional.

All those people on the west coast would never survive a day in the real world. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReplicaR

Reaction score
The idea behind this law is that people do not run an unlicensed and unauthorized business fixing cars out of their residence. Imagine you live in a nice neighborhood, and your next door neighbor is running impact wrench, air compressor, and is being generally loud all day. That doesn't sound like a good living environment to me, and I can see why the law was written in the way that it was. Is it restrictive to an average car enthusiast, sure. But there is no way to write this law in any other form, without leaving a ton of loopholes. Big chances are, if you are working on your car in your garage time to time without causing too much noise, no one will ever report you for it, and you will never hear from the law enforcement to begin with. After all, Police Officers have something called discretion, which they mostly use to assess the situation, and see what's appropriate action.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
They want you in a smart car self driving B.S.

If you haven't lived in a big city, you wouldn't understand the pain. I will take a self driving car any day of the week, for the reason of traffic alone. A computer guided and controlled vehicle fleet will always more efficiently through the city than millions of indecisive, distracted, confused, and generally poor drivers. Biggest cause of traffic is lack of communication between the participants on the road. All we get is tail lights, maybe a turn signal (which is getting more and more rare), and only the information that your brain can register within the limited scope of your vision. A computer system will always be superior to this, deciding in which order the vehicles will merge, who is going where, eliminating unnecessary gaps between cars, all while maintaining much high safety standards than a bunch of error prone humans who think they know better.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
cali is a different world for sure, I got a taste of it while I was in AZ. I came from the midwest where we had no home owners associations and didn't need any. If the neighbors were bugging you, you told them and figured it out. Az was not like that. When I started looking for a house the idea of no home owners association sounded good until you went into those neighborhoods. They had cars parked bumper-bumper, the yards were not taken care of and it just looked like crap.

As he said more then likely the average DIYer would not annoy anyone, but then I do have a 60 gallon compressor that makes a good amount of racket. I do not use it much myself and thankfully my neighbors enjoy borrowing my tools from time to time so I am pretty sure they are cool. Heck even if they were not they could not do anything about it around here.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
fuck that for $1000 please alex...

In reality I have seen both sides of the coin and both understand them and yet shake my head at them at the same time. I like the community feeling we have in the rural midwest but I miss all the action in the city but not the drama...

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I am glad I live where I do 6 foot chain link around 2 Accor of property all my vehicles
are in a building my nearest neighbor is an Accor down we are spaced out pretty good
I could be out in my shop sometimes till 2 pm noise is no problem neighbors are ok

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I live in an unincorporated section of Ascension Parish called Prairieville, LA. This is for all intensive purposes a suburb of Baton Rouge. Being unincorporated means there is no “code enforcement”, no building restrictions and none of the usual services afforded by city living. The parish has Fire, Police, Road Crews and such, so we aren't uncivilized. This area also has roughly 25-35k residents. I’ll take some pictures but just imagine an immaculate 3500 square foot home on 2 acres complete with a pond and a 20x40 workshop next door to a half-rotten mobile home from the 1980’s with 14 junk cars in the yard and a sign that says “we do mechanic work Call:225-###-###”

This qualifies me to understand.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I live in an unincorporated section of Ascension Parish called Prairieville, LA. This is for all intensive purposes a suburb of Baton Rouge. Being unincorporated means there is no “code enforcement”, no building restrictions and none of the usual services afforded by city living. The parish has Fire, Police, Road Crews and such, so we aren't uncivilized. This area also has roughly 25-35k residents. I’ll take some pictures but just imagine an immaculate 3500 square foot home on 2 acres complete with a pond and a 20x40 workshop next door to a half-rotten mobile home from the 1980’s with 14 junk cars in the yard and a sign that says “we do mechanic work Call:225-###-###”

This qualifies me to understand.
We are unincorporated to , but they are trying as hard as they can to incorporate
we just got a auto zone {worthless} never have parts you need and a store with a liquor lic.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like to drink beer in my garage while making loud sounds while acting like I’m working on my car.

They’d probably get mad at me for that too.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I love how restrictive CA is. It forces people to move to where I live for freedom, and I swear to god, the “culture.” I’m not sure how different we act, but “culture” is one of the reasons they state. But over time, all those CA regulations end up following them here. How? They vote for them. Does that make any sense?

You can make fun of liberals all you want, but while my state just keeps getting redder and redder, it is also becoming more and more like CA each day. This isn’t a political thing, it’s a CA thing. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they attempted to pass legislation here that would outlaw meat smokers and barbecues because its odor is offensive to vegans. At CA it’s already know to cause cancer and birth defects.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I love how restrictive CA is. It forces people to move to where I live for freedom, and I swear to god, the “culture.” I’m not sure how different we act, but “culture” is one of the reasons they state. But over time, all those CA regulations end up following them here. How? They vote for them. Does that make any sense?

You can make fun of liberals all you want, but while my state just keeps getting redder and redder, it is also becoming more and more like CA each day. This isn’t a political thing, it’s a CA thing. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they attempted to pass legislation here that would outlaw meat smokers and barbecues because its odor is offensive to vegans. At CA it’s already know to cause cancer and birth defects.
I was reading an article one day , and Beto Orork if elected texas governor he was going to stop Bbqs and sales of charcoal, liquid propane . Can you imagine if this guy becomes president . what an A hole

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I was reading an article one day , and Beto Orork if elected texas governor he was going to stop Bbqs and sales of charcoal, liquid propane . Can you imagine if this guy becomes president . what an A hole

Gee. You’ll believe anything won’t you. I guess I know who you voted for.

https://austin.eater.com/2018/9/18/17874874/beto-o-rourke-ted-cruz-barbecue-ban-texas

Cruz claimed that if the state elected a Democrat, “they’re going to ban barbecue across the state of Texas.”

Cruz reiterated his comments later by tweeting that the protest “illustrates the stakes of the election: if Beto wins, BBQ will be illegal!” followed by not one, but three laughing-crying emojis.

Last edited:

ReplicaR

Reaction score

https://austin.eater.com/2018/9/18/17874874/beto-o-rourke-ted-cruz-barbecue-ban-texas

Cruz claimed that if the state elected a Democrat, “they’re going to ban barbecue across the state of Texas.”

Cruz reiterated his comments later by tweeting that the protest “illustrates the stakes of the election: if Beto wins, BBQ will be illegal!” followed by not one, but three laughing-crying emojis.

It's so easy to derail people today, isn't it. You would think that having more information would empower people to check the facts, and form their opinions based on actual knowledge, but in reality more information simply reinforces the fears within people, because they consciously only hear what they want to hear. Turns out the problem was never the information, it's the people themselves, and it will never change, unless the people will. Given the amount of information, the quantity of resources dedicated to education, the trend doesn't change, and in my opinion never will. The blissfully unaware will remain that way forever.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score

I will take cruz over beto any day , I live in this general area and that whole certain part of texas is corrupt

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
**laughs in Louisiana corruption**

It’s still illegal to leave your alligator tied to a fire hydrant here. The nerve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online