Im a brand new mustang owner, and yes. I am also a girl.

Snorky

Reaction score
I have the 3.27's. Still not great...lol
Lol yeah not great eitherway.. the factory was lie 273s or something stupid long like that. 3.73 or 4 10s and they feel wild for the power they have

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
What's wrong with a chick owning a mustang and wrenching on it
I dont think she is scared
I know a few girls out there that don't mind getting dirty
I know one at a ford dealer that would put a few mechanics to shame
Just saying watch out

leadman4

Reaction score
Yeah the '95's have no power either. I seriously think my 2500 Ram 6.4 is quicker out of the hole...lol
Probably and that is why I'm putting in 4.10 gears. 1st gear will ride out to like 50mph with stock gears

badass98svt

Reaction score
Probably and that is why I'm putting in 4.10 gears. 1st gear will ride out to like 50mph with stock gears
I had an 89 LX 5.0 5 speed coupe back in the day, that ****** would take me to 65 in 1st gear.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Lose the hood scoop (if possible). There are other hoods that work, but honestly, factory or cobra R is my personal preference.

Center caps if you want to keep the factory wheels, it’s old enough to get away with factory. Otherwise, something black with a polished lip maybe.

Also, speedster covers are definitely worth it if you plan on spending any lengthy amount of time with the top down. I’ve been getting compliments on mine for decades.

Welcome , havent seen a girl join the forums in a probably a decade .

<rushes to check my own membership details>

Hm… …umm… …ok. I guess it HAS been a while. But honestly it’s probably because few people still visit forums. I mean we’ve got people on here literally telling her to go to Facebook. That dumpster fire has pretty much ruined the internet. How are people supposed to find this place? Google it? Is that something the kids still do?

Plenty of power?
Maybe in the mid 90s.
A newer Toyota Camry has more HP than a 96-98 GT

As someone who literally is driving a 2021 Camry right now as a rental, Id have to disagree. For all I know, you may be right, but this car feels like it can’t even get out of its own way. And at the end of the day, that’s what truly matters, how does it feel? My 94 mustang feels fast. It looks fast. It sounds fast. And that’s all that matters to me. If she wanted a fast car, she wouldn’t have bought that one. Yes, she could make it a little faster, but it’s still going to be a 27yo Ford. She could do a coyote swap, and still have people beat her from a light with a brand new factory vehicle.

I suggest she find a local autocross event to really get the handling of the car. Anyone can drive in a straight line. My car when it was a 145hp v6 was beating cobras at local autocross events. Is the car fast? Speed is relative. She could make it “faster,” with simple suspension mods, because who drag races an SN95? Those that do aren’t using the factory motor or are naturally aspirated. And honestly, a turbo or supercharger may be worth it if that’s the way she actually prefers to go.
I dont think she is scared

I used to frequent message boards, but really, it’s rare. It’s possible that she has a busy weekend and will get around to it eventually. Or she took peoples advice and decided to stay on Facebook.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lose the hood scoop (if possible). There are other hoods that work, but honestly, factory or cobra R is my personal preference.

Center caps if you want to keep the factory wheels, it’s old enough to get away with factory. Otherwise, something black with a polished lip maybe.

Also, speedster covers are definitely worth it if you plan on spending any lengthy amount of time with the top down. I’ve been getting compliments on mine for decades.

Hm… …umm… …ok. I guess it HAS been a while. But honestly it’s probably because few people still visit forums. I mean we’ve got people on here literally telling her to go to Facebook. That dumpster fire has pretty much ruined the internet. How are people supposed to find this place? Google it? Is that something the kids still do?

As someone who literally is driving a 2021 Camry right now as a rental, Id have to disagree. For all I know, you may be right, but this car feels like it can’t even get out of its own way. And at the end of the day, that’s what truly matters, how does it feel? My 94 mustang feels fast. It looks fast. It sounds fast. And that’s all that matters to me. If she wanted a fast car, she wouldn’t have bought that one. Yes, she could make it a little faster, but it’s still going to be a 27yo Ford. She could do a coyote swap, and still have people beat her from a light with a brand new factory vehicle.

I suggest she find a local autocross event to really get the handling of the car. Anyone can drive in a straight line. My car when it was a 145hp v6 was beating cobras at local autocross events. Is the car fast? Speed is relative. She could make it “faster,” with simple suspension mods, because who drag races an SN95? Those that do aren’t using the factory motor or are naturally aspirated. And honestly, a turbo or supercharger may be worth it if that’s the way she actually prefers to go.

I used to frequent message boards, but really, it’s rare. It’s possible that she has a busy weekend and will get around to it eventually. Or she took peoples advice and decided to stay on Facebook.
I was going to mention you but I thought you said you were leaving.

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Put a 65mm BBK TB and a BBK CAI on today. Also drained a little oil as it was about a quart too full. Seller just had the oil changed right before we bought it. Also tried to diagnose my AF leak and think (hope) I narrowed it down. Will give more detail in another thread but it has been leaking since we got it

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

Oh for sure . Facebook is terrible for anything car related . Too many they/them people

oz95gt

Reaction score
In April, I purchased my 1st "just for fun" car. I found a 96 mustang gt convertable. It has absolutely no rust, which is huge because I live in Maine, so to find a 96 anything rust free is rare. It has 150k on it, very few blemishes on the paint. The only issues were the drivers side door latch, and the rear sway bar were busted. I've fixed the door latch, and I'm about to order the sway bar, after I get off here.
Anyways, I want to add on to her, and was hoping for some reasonably-priced suggestions. I'd like to make it sound tougher, and maybe a little louder. I'm also thinking new rims, but all ideas are welcome! Thanks
Go to your local exhaust shop and use this or something similar to see what the wheels will look like https://www.jegs.com/wheels/wheelconfig.html

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea mines a 3.5 eco boost . I’ve had a 2.7 eco boost as a loaner before they fly too .

r1ch999999

Reaction score
Welcome, I'm in NH but spend a bit of time near Bethel, ME. Good luck with the car. I have a 94 with the American Thunder exhaust, I think it sounds pretty good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online