Im Having stereo problems

screwHead

Reaction score
I have a aftermarket PANASONIC (not the best) stereo and i noticed that every time i turn on my car that it wont automatically turn on i have to push the power button for it to turn on and lets say i save my favorite radio stations and adjust the clock on there it saves but when i turn off the car and turn it back on i have to do the same thing, push the power button for it to turn on and my stations are gone and th time. So anyone ever had this problem? or know how to fix it? it does this with every stereo ive installed before

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
the stereo has 2 pwr wires. 1 for the memory and clock, the other is for the amp. Sound to me like both wires are connected to the ignition. Therefor all the memory and clock settings dissappear when the key is turned off.

OP
OP
S

screwHead

Reaction score
That's exactly how i have it connected both to the ignition, where is the amp located and where on the amp do i connect it? Thanks for replying

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Usually the yellow is your power, black your ground and red if your 12 volt acc. Did you buy a wiring harness or did you splice?

OP
OP
S

screwHead

Reaction score
No i didnt i got the stereo from a freind, it had all the wires already i just hooked it up.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I would suggest buying a wiring harness and going that route and crimp capping the wiring.

lutter94

Reaction score
u need a wire to the battery for constant power.....otherwise you'll lose your presets and clock everytime......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online