Injector issue....possible

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
With out cats I'm waiting for converter efficiency codes I've been good so far I'm gonna try to run it threw emissions and see if it passes lol. New plugs and wires the light doesn't come on so it doesn't flash. It's not a dead miss more of a slight miss I can't tell if it is one cylinder or multiple cylinders like a fuel pressure issue I checked it idleing with and with out vacuum but that was last year I want to check it at wot throttle. I dumped two bottles of fuel injection cleaner yesterday and today it seemed to be better. Still have to find some time to actually run some test.

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
It doesn't miss bad enough to throw a code but I also don't drive it while its missfireing so it won't throw a code I need a scanner that has a misfire counter or a power balance test. So I can pinpoint it.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
It doesn't miss bad enough to throw a code but I also don't drive it while its missfireing so it won't throw a code I need a scanner that has a misfire counter or a power balance test. So I can pinpoint it.
The cheap ones will tell you which cylinder is misfiring these days.

Don't Sext and Drive.

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
No I've been on 6 days a week 10 hours a day at work so I haven't had any time to dig in hopefully soon because I want to try to make it to the drag strip be for the snow strata flying here in Chicago.

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
Update hopefully figured it. I'm guessing that the poor running condition from when I initially bought the car was caused by the faulty oxygen sensor sense I haven't had the stuck lean codes sense I replaced them now to the missfire. After discussing with several older techs at work, guys that diagnosed cars with out scanners still don't know how mechanics diagnosed cars with out current data. Anyway back on topic they keep saying ignition and even though I put new plugs and wires in. The wires I bought where like one size fits all from the parts store witch I've used before on side jobs and never had an issue but of course I would on my own car FML so I bought some Ford racing wires from AM and boom all the way home the car ran great so far I'm feeling pretty good about it.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The stupid quad coil packs on our cars are notorious for arcing and arc tracking into other wires. The Ford and BorgWarner wires are the only wires to offer the proper coil pack boots that slip over the terminal towers. Im glad you figured it out!

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
I can't believe all that over stupid wires I want to switch to cop to help eliminate future issue's like this and I want to do a Tork tech and they said you need to either relocate or switch to cop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online