Interior painting - how difficult?

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
No offense to those with saddle interior, I despise the turkey turd look and want to paint it another color. As you can see, the air bag module looks like crap. I was thinking grey and keeping all the black items black. I researched and found that there are certain paints, like SEM, that you can use to paint over vinyl.

My question is, how difficult is it to remove the parts and paint them? I am just wondering if when I have the car painted I should have them do that as well, or if this is just something I can do in my garage.

Thanks for any info! :smiley:

Sigh, forgot pic...

IMG_1318.JPG

GT Rob

Reaction score
It shouldn't be that hard. The atuoparts store should have the stuff you need. Just take your time taking the panels.off you could always look on you tube

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i'm not big on dying/painting interior anything..i'd rather replace it with the color i want..but if you want to then get SEM interior paint..it matches oem interior color AND finish perfectly..i've used it on different cars of different manufactures and they've all come out great (and still look great)

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
i'm not big on dying/painting interior anything..i'd rather replace it with the color i want..but if you want to then get SEM interior paint..it matches oem interior color AND finish perfectly..i've used it on different cars of different manufactures and they've all come out great (and still look great)

You mean replace the parts with used parts that are in the color that I'm looking for? Wonder how much that'd cost... and I'd need to know the names of all the parts!

chris91

Reaction score
I bet it wouldnt cost too much to swap over to the color parts you need. As always, hit up Craigslist for people parting out a car. Or if you're lucky to have a upullandpay yard then hit them up.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you decide to paint, be sure and clean the pieces properly. Poor prep is going to lead to a poor finish.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
You mean replace the parts with used parts that are in the color that I'm looking for? Wonder how much that'd cost... and I'd need to know the names of all the parts!

Cost me $500 for a full black interior swap. Got all the parts from one guy who was parting out a 95 v6. That includes both airbags, steering wheel, dash pad etc...

Not counting the seats, no painting those. I reupholstered mine but you could buy a set obviously.

Also a million times easier to just swap parts than have to prep/paint and hope you did a good enough job for it to look factory.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online