Interior Rearview Mirror Adhesive

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Well, went into the garage today and saw my rearview mirror hanging down by the wires (I replaced the stock one with a Ford, electro chromatic, auto-dimming, compass/temp mirror back in 2002'ish). Can't have nothin'. Any recommendations on the best adhesive to re-attach?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, went into the garage today and saw my rearview mirror hanging down by the wires (I replaced the stock one with a Ford, electro chromatic, auto-dimming, compass/temp mirror back in 2002'ish). Can't have nothin'. Any recommendations on the best adhesive to re-attach?

You what now? Is this a common upgrade?? What a fun detail to add to the car! Was it a PITA?

OP
OP
Wood's 5.0

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
@MustangChris
I actually had a tech do it for me one Saturday while we were at work at the dealership. Not too bad of a deal, just tap a switched 12v and a ground. I think he had to drop the headliner at the front but I really don't know. All I cared about was the finished deal. Mounted to the stock mirror mount...the one that just fell the F@#$ OFF!!! Still haven't put it back up. Works great. Mirror auto-dims when lights hit it from behind, tells you which direction your going (if you really MUST know), and tells the outside temp (which is the feature I most wanted). Is/was a Ford Dealer installed option from that time. I forget how much the mirror cost. It wasn't too bad in 2002'ish dollars. Is one of those things most people wouldn't even notice.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have enjoyed having all that info in my the explorer overhead console I installed. The temp and direction is nice to know when you need to know.
gPwX04g.jpg

The windows are already tinted dark enough that headlights do not hurt in the mirror and it does make an ok place for my air ride controller.

Werecow

Reaction score
Was that hard to install?? I can't put it in my pony cause it's got a sunroof, but I'll prolly be needing to do a head liner on my sport-trak and that looks like something cool I could add when I get around to it...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it actually was not all that hard. You have to make two slots in the structure above the headliner for the clips to slide into but after that you mount the bracket and everything mounts to it. It is a popular modification in rangers and I did it in my old ranger is how I got the idea.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I have enjoyed having all that info in my the explorer overhead console I installed. The temp and direction is nice to know when you need to know.
gPwX04g.jpg

The windows are already tinted dark enough that headlights do not hurt in the mirror and it does make an ok place for my air ride controller.

I did that in my ranger but never thought about it in the mustang. Yours is awesome

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online