Intermediate front suspension noise

01yellercobra

Reaction score
If the inner tie rods have never been replaced I'd say they're due either way. I thought mine were ok on my 04, but decided to replace them since I had the front end apart. They were pretty much toast when I pulled them off. There was no resistance in the ball and socket joint.

I didn't see it, but have you had the calipers off lately?

OP
OP
#BrownRoush

#BrownRoush

Reaction score
Wanted to update the thread. Took some time to go through the suspension, both front ball joint boots are torn, so they will have to be replaced. The rag joint is OK, s are the tie rods.

Will be upgrading to tubular front control arms, coil overs and a bumpsteer kit

OP
OP
#BrownRoush

#BrownRoush

Reaction score
ball joints are ok themselves, just the boots torn?
Consider the noise I'm going to say no. The noise started over a year ago, and the grease inside was very grimy. I already have some tubular control arms on the way, along with new tie rod ends. While I am rebuilding the front suspension, I'll check the inner tie rods for play.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
ok, so you haven't checked the inner tie rods yet? could be both then, the ball joints and the inners.

OP
OP
#BrownRoush

#BrownRoush

Reaction score
ok, so you haven't checked the inner tie rods yet? could be both then, the ball joints and the inners.
I'm mentally prepared for it. I tried to take out the outer tierods to check, but the out tierods refused to disconnect. I went out and bought a bigger heaver and a tie rod separator tool, so I'll find out the hard way

OP
OP
#BrownRoush

#BrownRoush

Reaction score
Sure! The noise is gone, though after how many parts were replaced wiht the front end build, I would be shocked if it remained. Most for the front suspension parts were just about worn out, so it could have been any of them, however, the worst part was the driver side inner tie rod, ti was very loose.

Here are some pictures of the new setup, still need to adjust the ride height a bit.

5d6670e4db52414d8094613949be37c9

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
good deal. glad you got it sorted out. sounds like that loose inner tie rod end may have been the main culprit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online