IRS/Solid swap is done.......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scarface, Aug 6, 2007.

1. scarface

scarface Guest

What a PITA, never again will I attempt to do this in one day.

WyotecMsa and I, with the assistance of a friend pulled it off yesterday. Nothing went easy, and nothing that was said in any writeup was true.

Mark took a spring to the leg, and I almost lost an eye to an ebrake spring.....

We both still have some bugs to workout, More on Marks end than me, but I thing in the end, we will both be happy :)

all in all it was a fun day, and pics will follow later today.

PS... Toot That thing up Mark. ;D

2. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

awesome cant wait to see pics

3. WyoTechMSA

WyoTechMSA Well-Known Member

Oh I just went out and tooted the Flows alittle bit. Ill be happy once I figure out the rear brakes and do something with the exhaust. If you dont talk to David or know him personally he is an awesome guy and I hope to have the chance to hang out with him again sometime. It sucks that it didnt work out as smooth as most would have you believe, but it did work out, and once you see my car in the daylight the IRS looks insanely cool under there.

4. rick focks

rick focks Legend

pics por favor???

5. WyoTechMSA

Haha, Davids lazy ass isnt even online

6. scarface

scarface Guest

Thanks Mark you are the man!

Oh btw..Im prepping for my little surgery tomorrow, so I will be on here off and on.

My suggestion would be to go steal Jasons rear calipers, and toot that exhaust :)

Mark, you need to take pics of the finished product.. I was really to blow both of our cars up last night in the end, and I didnt get any.

7. WyoTechMSA

You too dude, forgot about you surgery tomorrow, hope it goes well. See now Im confused because I just moved the car and the brakes werent sticking, but the e brake is still tight as hell. Im pissed cause I gotta buy an o2 sensor, and still gotta extend both, I may just order that MAC H made for my car and not extend em since I dont want the X anyways. Ill try and get my brothers camera to take some pics today or sometime this week.

8. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

so you happy?? Have you had a change to flog it yet?? Seem to ride worse than what it did before?? Plant the tires better??

9. WyoTechMSA

Theres no way his car rides worse after getting rid of the god awful springs that were on it. You still have your stock rear springs Brian?

10. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

well its said that the IRS rear rides a LOT better than a solid :dunno: I wanted to hear how D's worked out. No my springs are Eibach ones, mine rides about the same as it did when it had the stock ones in there.

11. scarface

scarface Guest

mark... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402795

Brian, my car is a whole different beast. It rides a little bit more rough, but I can catch 4th gear now.

Mark, just take your time, and you can extend the 02 you have there, you cut them short, but not so short it cant be fixed.

or get the H...whatever works for you.

12. scarface

scarface Guest

after a two hour ride home, and hitting up some twisty roads at 2am... There is no way I would ever choose an IRS over a solid.

I noticed no difference in handling at all, just the ride was a bit more harsh than before.

13. scarface

scarface Guest

soon as I finish watching "300" Ill upload the pics.

14. WyoTechMSA

I know you have Eibachs, I was asking if you still had your stock springs laying around somewhere.

David, just drove my car to the gas station where you got back on 460 and my brakes were almost on fire. It melted every bit of paint off of the calipers. Disconnecting the ebrake after I feel like they are sufficiently cooled off, and Im ordering the MAC H asap.

15. WyoTechMSA

Oh and I think the noise I was hearing is either the brake line hitting something under there or the shock is loose in the trunk.

16. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

oh, man im sorry when they were put in I left all my stock stuff at the shop and I have no idea if its still there. I can check for you and see,.............but there is so much crap there I cant say if they are or are not :-\

17. WyoTechMSA

Nah its cool Ill just find someone who has em on hand.

18. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

ahh rite 8)

19. scarface

scarface Guest

yeah disconnect the ebrake asap, then rotate the wheels. I dont think that spring is on there right.

20. WyoTechMSA

Great, itll never be right now.

Oh and I just ordered the H, I couldnt stand it, there is no way the god aweful thing was ever gonna seal the way that bolt flange was f'd.