is it real or a knock off?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I needed a filter for my water/meth setup and could not find anything locally so I found this and got it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AEM-Electro...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I have become cautious on finding the part I need for the cheapest possible place on the net after reading about all the knock offs that are being made. So I figured AEM from JC whitney would not be a gamble. It arrived today and while it looks EXACTLY the same as the one in the pic, it didn't have the big AEM logo on it that I think we all know manf LOVE to have on their products. It seemed strange to me. Looking closely at it embossed on the side is a made in the usa logo as well as a ron-vik.com name. The site looks more like an industrial filter manf then an automotive specialty specific but idunno maybe its the same thing just minus the logo? If it is a knock off does it mean JC whitney was ignorant to the fact it was a knock off, or did they just swap it out and hope I would not notice?

36470375585_9f06b03dc6_b.jpg

What do you think? I sent an email to AEM to ask what they thought and am waiting to hear back.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to say for sure. I at least feel a lot better about it being made here, which should mean the quality is a bit better

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if it is a knock off I would not count on it being made in the usa just because the stamp says so.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I heard back from then and they said that it was one of theirs. Still seems strange to me that they do not put their logo on it but as long as I can install it this weekend I am good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online