IT ALL STARTED AS A COUGH!!!

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
well guys it was suggested that i start a build thread so here we go

1995 gts 5.0 5 spd no longer, now it is a shell of a car we have removed all the interior and molding and most of the weatherstripping currently removing the sound deadning and trying to prime some of the pieces that have been removed. the plan as of right now is a full on drag car, the 393 stroker rotating assembly is in the shop. the 10 point cage is on order and the work is about to begin. next week i plan on installing the through the floor subframes and getting the rest of the crap off the floor. the first order of business is to remove the fuel tank and lines.

[attachment deleted by admin]

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
You see kind of @ the top of this page, there in a section in this part. That is the build section. I'm sure someone can move this to there for ya! Looks great though!

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
picked this up today for a steal milodon swap pan and pickup for the bargain price of $100.00

wish i could find everything i need for this kind of bargain

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
couple of other things i got done for the time being

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
got the fuel tank and fuel lines removed in one piece and started removing the a/c condensor and some unneeded things on the front when the sky opened up and did get much else done today but there is always tomorrow

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
started on the subframes and got one side welded on top and the pass. side fitted got to cut some plate and get it in so i can get underneath and do all the dreaded welding. will get some pictures as soon as both sides are done..

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
got the subframes in and the rear outriggers in... gonna pick up the cage tomorrow and another bottle of gas for the welder and start on the cage this weekend

also picked up and 8.8 out of an 89 gt with 3.55s for $100.00 bucks came with southsides but not gonna use them the car was wrecked and one of them was bent slightly

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
got started on the cage today,  got the main hoop in the front down bars and the back bars in...   will post up pics when it is completed...    ran out of gas for the welder so got to get that tomorrow and should be done by the weekend

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
Thanks been kinda busy the last week and havent been able to do much... been unusually cold here and everything is frozen... 8* in south carolina WTF will get some pics up soon. after i get the seats and dash back in..

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
OK guys I know its been awhile since i gave any updates but the wifey bought her a laser red 95 gt 5spd car and she has had me putting on brakes and tires and wheels.  will post up some pics when i get it cleaned up been raining and got mud all over it. 

ok got the dash in and man that was time consuming.  :BangHead:  picked up a rear deck lid and bumper cover from a friend he just showed up and said hey can you use this..    any way here are few pics of the dash in and the biggest part of the cage,  gonna wait till i get close to put in the door bars. no sense in having to climb over them for the next few months if i don't have to. 

also picked up a few things in last month or so...

4" harwood pin on hood
set of victor Jr's
comp cams solid roller
rear bumper cover
rear deck lid

here are a few pics

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
got the spare tire hook out and new patch panel in and mounted my fuel cell. made a steel stand out of angle got some aluminum flat bar and some bolts and here she is...

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
ok guys i havent forgotten about this thread. LOL been very busy on the car, will get some pics as soon as it stops raining. got the seats mounted the interior is in the front and waiting on parts. been removing some of the crap out of the fenderwells and trying to get some of the "crap" out of the way. got to get the 86 back together so i can put this one on the pad and take the front end apart and paint it.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wow, that's quite the project you've got going there.
Nice work so far, please keep the pics coming.

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
sorry for not many updates guys been busy collecting parts and really havent gotten a lot done on the car. did get it on the pad and dissasembled the front end and installed the Team Z K member but am waiting on the struts and a-arms right now. will post up some pics when i get them installed. thanks for all the complements and encouragment.

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
ok guys got a little motivation this morning and did a little work on the ol' hot rod. As most of you know this is what i started with,
2469.jpg

and this is what i have now.
004-1.jpg
007.jpg

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
ok guys been a while since I updated this so here we go.

bought a fox 8.8 with 33spline axles spool and c clip elim. got the coil over conversion for the front and a baseline reclocated upper control arm package with anti roll bar.

finally got it rolling and in the process of building the motor is at the machine shop getting mocked up for compression and balanced.

sold the victor jrs and am using a heavily ported set of cast iron windsor sr's .675 solid roller c-4 with a brake and a 4500 converter.

image001.jpg

1bad95

Reaction score
projects coming along nicely! wish i had another car and the place to tackle something like this! keep up the good work man! and be sure to post plenty more pics of progress!

OP
OP
B

BLACKPLAGE

Reaction score
ok boys and girls
the motor and trans is in and she is ready to rock and roll
Photo0046.jpg