Won’t start

Ethan95 5.0

Reaction score
image.jpgI recently installed a new upper and lower intake manifold. I removed the distributor and put it back on top dead center and all that. The car did run but it was not making the power it’s supposed too. I took out the distributor and re stabed it. Now the car will not start. When I try to crank it, it sounds like it wants so start but it doesn’t. I can smell fuel and the air-gas mixture is coming out of the exhaust when trying to start it. Any ideas? Also here is a picture.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Triple check TDC. I have personally seen where a buddy reached down and pulled out plug #2 because he didn't look far enough forward to see plug #1 was well hidden. As I went to put it back in I noticed we had just spent all that time setting up tdc for #2.

try turning/wiggling the dist while someone else cranks on it.

dalpoas83

Reaction score
Yeah like most people are saying this sounds like a distributor issue based on your story. Also like mentioned in the other thread a lot of times people end up with the distributor 180 degrees off.

Rod

Reaction score
Sounds like you're 180 degrees off on the dizzy install. Edit to add- also TDC happens twice a cycle, so it might not be the right tdc.

OP
OP
Ethan95 5.0

Ethan95 5.0

Reaction score
Triple check TDC. I have personally seen where a buddy reached down and pulled out plug #2 because he didn't look far enough forward to see plug #1 was well hidden. As I went to put it back in I noticed we had just spent all that time setting up tdc for #2.

try turning/wiggling the dist while someone else cranks on it.
I finally got it to start I found TDC and then put the distributor back in and started right away

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out! Your engine bay looks good and taking shape. What does the rest of the car look like?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online