it's countdown time (one month give or take two weeks)

Slow98GT

Reaction score
well i should be on my way back home in less then a month so i thought that i would ask a question. when i get home i plan on getting p&p pi heads intake and maybe custom cam. (same thing that dalamar has) so what my question is (might have already asked if so i'm a moron) it's sposed to be easy to change the headers with the heads off. well looking at pics i can see why so what my question is what kind of headers to get. I've been told that my exaust doesn't sound stock but not sure what has been done to it. i planning to do the pi swap and header swap before going on leave and probley the rest of the exaust after i get back from leave. then after that a tranny & clutch swap which will be later this year after i get promoted :dancing6:

ROB 98GT

Reaction score
Myself I would go with long tube headers. Just some advice, plan your exhaust and stick to it, unlike me I wasted money on a new midpipe and if I want to get lt's i'll have to buy another mid pipe!!

Reaction score
ROB 98GT said:
Myself I would go with long tube headers. Just some advice, plan your exhaust and stick to it, unlike me I wasted money on a new midpipe and if I want to get lt's I'll have to buy another mid pipe!!

+1 I would only recommend long tubes. Shorties IMO are kinda a waste of time. If you ever become boosted in the future the shorties will definitely hinder you. You'll most likely end up changing them out anyways. Just do it right the first time and go get yourself a nice set of ceramic coated long tube headers with matching mid pipe.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
congrats on getting to come home.... :thumb:

and i agree on the longtubes, i have them and i love them...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Congrads on coming back home soon!

Shorties are easy to change with the headswap.
they do sound better but HP gains are minimal.

Depends on money, you could keep the stockers, of if you can swing long tubes, they are best.

Keep us updated.

OP
OP
S

Slow98GT

Reaction score
well i'm not sure what i want to do now because today i was talking to a friend and he got stopped for having loud exaust before we left so... i don't know i'm confused what would be a good setup to be deep but not very loud?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That would depend mainly on your mufflers.

OP
OP
S

Slow98GT

Reaction score
ah ok. and to install the long tubes do i have to switch out the midpipe too?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online