Its offical 3v

Modmotor4life

Reaction score
Well i have found the route i am taking on my car. I am buying a 3v motor out of an 05 GT and it will be dropped in my car in a few months. I plan on suprising a few folks this year at the track, both on and off it.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
i hope you arent doing this by yourself, not that i doubt of your mechanical skills but it isnt as easy as some people might think..

good luck

OP
OP
M

Modmotor4life

Reaction score
Nope not doing it myself, having a shop do it for me. But the swap isnt really that bad.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
IIRC Livernois is/was doing a 3v swap on a 96-98 2V and it seem to be pretty difficult...:dontknow:

but once the swap is done id love to see a vid and some pics. :thumbsup:

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Modmotor4life said:
Nope not doing it myself, having a shop do it for me. But the swap isnt really that bad.

How do you figure its not that bad???? Your not just swapping heads or anything, you have the vvt set up for the heads, the different block different sensors and a few other thins that will make it not a straight swap. IF you give me the money that your spending on your car I GUARENTEE I CAN MAKE YOUR 2V MORE POWER and prob be just as happy or happier

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
Modmotor4life said:

How do you figure its not that bad???? Your not just swapping heads or anything, you have the vvt set up for the heads, the different block different sensors and a few other thins that will make it not a straight swap. IF you give me the money that your spending on your car I GUARENTEE I CAN MAKE YOUR 2V MORE POWER and prob be just as happy or happier

VVT get's locked out, use a adapter for an 03 TB and a cable for the same, mid pipe get's fabbed, adapt coil packs to mount to the engine, and use the stock ecu to run it, tuning is the main thing, most of it is just nuts and bolts.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
There's no major performance benefit, but it is cool looking.

Bolt ons with a tune and exhaust is like 300rwhp, regardless I will never own or drive anything to do with the 197.

got5.0

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
J.R. said:
There's no major performance benefit, but it is cool looking.

Bolt ons with a tune and exhaust is like 300rwhp, reguardless I will never own or drive anything to do with the 197.

me niether

OP
OP
M

Modmotor4life

Reaction score
No major performance benefit, are you crazy? A 2v only puts down like 260ish to the wheels with full boltons and a tune..3v's put down like 310-315whp with full boltons...At like 260ish-270whp stock....Not to mention the gain when u boost it..2v are terrible..The heads suck...My car will be way faster with the swap. All is needed is the conversion kit from logan motorsports, adjustable cam gears, and a couple other things...To who said u could take the money im spending on the 3v and make my 2v faster??????IDK what your goals are but mine must be different..Im only gonna have about 3,000 in the swap.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Modmotor4life said:
No major performance benefit, are you crazy? A 2v only puts down like 260ish to the wheels with full boltons and a tune..3v's put down like 310-315whp with full boltons...At like 260ish-270whp stock....Not to mention the gain when u boost it..2v are terrible..The heads suck...My car will be way faster with the swap. All is needed is the conversion kit from logan motorsports, adjustable cam gears, and a couple other things...To who said u could take the money im spending on the 3v and make my 2v faster??????IDK what your goals are but mine must be different..Im only gonna have about 3,000 in the swap.
I wish you the best with your 3v motor swap. Get it done and get some slips, then well talk.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
To me 40 rwhp is nothing to write home about or spend about 5k for.

got5.0

Reaction score
why don't you do the build yourself? and I think you can make a 2v pretty nasty...

got5.0

Reaction score
J.R. said:

40rwhp is a decent amount to me, but ain't worth that much trouble...

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
got5.0 said:
J.R. said:

40rwhp is a decent amount to me, but ain't worth that much trouble...

Hence the "no major performance benefit" quote. I still think it's a cool swap though. But to try to justify it based solely on performance, no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online