Its offical 3v

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Its really not that bad all considering what he got done.

Theres always an easier/cheaper way to make power and go fast.

Yeah, im just being a douchebag :tard:

OP
OP
M

Modmotor4life

Reaction score
If i would have known it was going to cost this much i would have done a 4v swap..But its not like a could sell everything middle ways through the build..

Marvin97

Reaction score
Good number man, I spent about $3500 on my 4v swap. I only made about 10hp more than you, and you made about 40ftlbs more torque than I did.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Modmotor4life said:
Im pleased so far, its begging for a stall and some gears.

Yea man, throw some 4.30s and a 3200 stall in that and that thing will be TITS

J

joelbegt

Congrats on the swap it looks clean and its definently something you dont see every day. You can recoupe a couple hundred on your pi heads and intake if ya kept them.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Wow, is all I can say. Excellent, you went a direction few others have gone and it paid off with great numbers and a very unique car. So what exhaust manifolds did you use? What's the throttle body off of? Did you have to change cam gears to use the 2V computer, or did you somehow use the 05 up computer? Just curious, have thought about this swap into an sn95.

blackpony

Reaction score
interesting... not my cup of tea, but to each his own and so long as you are happy, thats all that matters..

BII302

Reaction score
T-5 Killer said:
Interesting swap, I'm surprised to find out its an auto. More pictures/info and maybe a Dyno graph?

+1

an interesting swap none the less, I would love to put one into a fox

5.slower

Reaction score
Congratulations on the build, I am glad that you went through with the swap, I don't see why alot of the guys on here were telling you not to do the swap 3valves are good motors and in your new edge with full bolt ons and some spray will whoop 03-04 cobras. Here is one of the guys in our club running in Ennis at the Motorplex. Full bolt on 3v, with frpp cams, 100 shot off the line, 4.10s, upper/lower control arms, 2step. He has smoked 03 -04 cobras, a whipple s197, and a few others, your car will be bad ass once you get some more mods on it. Don't let no one discourage you on your build. I would like to do that on my 97gt. Good swap! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Cammed and sprayed GT vs GT500
S197 GT vs S197 GT

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Nice videos. Sweet sounding car there and the guy can drive.

5.slower

Reaction score
Thanks, yea he is really good, has real good reaction time and is good with the powershifting.

98gttorque

Reaction score
Dang 3k for 50hp??? Ill keep my 2v thank you. But I would love to see some pics when its done and track times.

NotQuik

Reaction score
Very nice, so what did you do for the computer and how was the electrical part of the swap? Also what was done for exhaust? I see you used the stock trans meaning the AODE? I'd like to do a new build in my 07 and put the 3v in my 96...a mid to low 12 second car with a near stock motor would be nice and still get better than 25mpg (depending on gearing and driver).

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
NotQuik said:
Very nice, so what did you do for the computer and how was the electrical part of the swap? Also what was done for exhaust? I see you used the stock trans meaning the AODE? I'd like to do a new build in my 07 and put the 3v in my 96...a mid to low 12 second car with a near stock motor would be nice and still get better than 25mpg (depending on gearing and driver).

It's all covered in the thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online