Jacking points on the body

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I got into a discussion with a friend of mine about the safest place to use jack stands for our stangs. I have always lifted the rear with a jack from the diff. housing and placed two jackstands on the axles. For the front I placed the jack under the k member to lift and placed jack stands under the "OEM" locations for the front(just behind the front fenders).

A buddy of mine told me to use the subframe connector locations for the front and the rear for the jack stands. Have any of you ever tried this and is this recommended? I know there are locations on the body where if done incoorectly can bow the doors out while lifted.

Thanks

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
NITROUSINJECTED said:
HELL I USE MY PINCH WELDS AND THEY HOLD JUST FINE

look at it this way, if it doesnt hold the car up, it will only fall on ya once. ;D

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
the pinch weld is a stuctral part of the car. at most its just gunna bend it a little bit

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I jack the front with the K member, put the stands under the front of the subframes behind the front fender area, rear I jack up by rear end put jacks under the axels.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I jack the front with the K member, put the stands under the front of the subframes behind the front fender area, rear I jack up by rear end put jacks under the axels.

most popular way

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.