Just Finished Detailing The GT, Took a few Pics

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Over the past week, I have been doing a little bit of detailing on the GT. It hasn't seen any kind of wax since October, so I figured it was time. I have only driven the car 300 miles since then, but it was starting to look a little rough, so I gave it a little bit of loving. I started out by giving it a good wash (first one since October as well), followed that up with some Meguiars Ultimate compound, then the Turtle Wax Black Box 2 step kit. I also used some acid rain remover on all of the windows and put a coat of wax on the glass just for fun. I used my Porter Cable 7424 for everything. I can't wait to start detailing some more this summer season! It's a great stress reliever for me. Anyways, here's a few pics of the car in the garage. It's not coming out of the garage for a while since it looks like the weather is going to suck for a litte while. But that just means more time to get the car looking good!

KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS CAR HAS 130,000 MILES ON IT WITH THE ORIGINAL PAINT.

DSCN3529.jpg

Yes I know the trim isn't dressed yet! Didn't want to do that just yet, until i'm 100% done with the outside of the car.

DSCN3525.jpg

DSCN3527.jpg

DSCN3532.jpg

DSCN3531.jpg

DSCN3539.jpg

DSCN3533.jpg

DSCN3542.jpg

DSCN3545.jpg

DSCN3546.jpg

DSCN3559.jpg

DSCN3556.jpg

DSCN3560.jpg

DSCN3561.jpg

DSCN3563.jpg

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Very clean for 130k miles. The waxing looks like it worked great. Love the wheels; but is that car stock? looks like it from that bay shot. If stock, the wheels make it look evil and than the engine bay is like bleeehhhh I'm a telly tubby lol

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Very clean for 130k miles. The waxing looks like it worked great. Love the wheels; but is that car stock? looks like it from that bay shot. If stock, the wheels make it look evil and than the engine bay is like bleeehhhh I'm a telly tubby lol
Thanks! The engine is 99% stock. Only mods to it are a K&N, X pipe, and Flowmaster Catback . I have had the car for a year, but only started modding about 4 months ago. A month ago, the car looked like it does now, but it even had the stock catback and cats. It was fun to see people's reactions to the car before it cranked up, and then after it cranked up lol. It's getting there... Thinking about a PI intake and a Vortech for this summer...

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
looks great, but that black box is junk. all it did was fill in the scratches and swirls, they will be back in a few washes. i recommend you invest in some compounds/ polishes and really make the paint look good.

2v_takeover

Reaction score
looks great, but that black box is junk. all it did was fill in the scratches and swirls, they will be back in a few washes. i recommend you invest in some compounds/ polishes and really make the paint look good.

I have to agree with this guy. Buy some nice polish and go at it with the PC. Make that black look even better! Looks good btw, I've never seen those cloth seats before haha. Mine are hideous compared to those

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
You tricked me also. Saw the wheels and thought it was a mean power making machine. Saw the engine shot then saw the stock air box and blew my mind. LOL!

The car looks great though.. SEX

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Lol thanks for the compliments guys! To the people that think the black box is crap, what would you suggest as a really good polish and wax to make the black pop? I detail cars on the side and am always looking to try a new product. Make some suggestions and I will try them out!

And Ferocious, I like the look of the chin spoiler, but there's no way in hell i'm drilling holes in my bumper lol. I'll just keep the bumper the way it is. I am looking to get a S281 wing though.

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
glad you took that as advise instead of an insult.

on my 01 GT that i had i used the following: PC orbital with Hexlogic Pads, Meguiars 105 compound, Meguiars 205 polish, 2 coats of JetSeal109, and 1 coat of Chemical Guy's Pete's 53 paste wax which is made for dark colored paint and i LOVED it! i still use it on my AB Mach.

here are a few pictures of that combo.

6127991908_1af8809c3c_z.jpg

6127993866_2921ae4dff_z.jpg

6067439163_f6f3c895c9_z.jpg

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Thanks guys! And mygreengt, i'll definately get some of the Chemical Guys stuff to try out. Your old GT looks pretty slick.

daracboy82

Reaction score
Boy that thing is clean!!!! I yearn for the day that I can clean mine up then park it back in the garage....lol

chrisv_10

Reaction score
I hate those sidemarkers. Those idiots used white glue on a black housing making it really noticeable. I have the same ones. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online